best fuel system you can get?

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
trying to plan for a fuel system for a TT kit. Would like to have the car around 900-1k rwhp and have enough fuel pump to run the car off e85. I was wondering whats the best way of going about this?

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New billet fuel pump hanger with 2 or 3 255lb Walbros and all new braided lines (return style) running to aftermarket billet fuel rails with 65lb injectors and a aeromotive pressure regulator to maintain pressure.

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will need larger than 65lb injectors for 1000rwhp on e85 I'd look closer to 100lb/hr. I also like bosch 044 pumps intank.

OP
OP
D

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where can you get the billet hanger for 3 fuel pumps?

so are the walbro 255's the best way to go about it?

are more people running the 3 internal pumps vs going to an external? I like the idea of going in the tank for a setup similar to factory, but it seems like its just adding complication with more things able to go wrong.

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In tank pumps are quiet and don't suffer form overheating. If you run walbro pumps be sure to get the high pressure models and you'll need 3 for e85. The bosch 044 you could use 2.

james11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the cost of buying the 3 pump hanger and the 3 walbros, you would probably be better off going to an external pump like the Aeromotive.

james11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure RSI has a 3 pump hanger they sell. You can probably get them from other places also but I think they cost roughly $600 for the hanger alone. That would get you to around a grand for the pumps and the hanger.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spend the money and go with 3 in tank pumps. Redundency is good and these pumps will be more reliable then an external. There is a reason no tuner is using external pumps anymore...

Three walboro's 10am feed and 6 an return, AB is selling rails, and use an aeromotive regulator and regulate on the return line back to the tank.