Best lowering approach

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my question. I don't particularly like the ride height of my new 2006 coupe. Their is too much space between the top of the tire and the fender lip.
What is the best and most cost effective way to lower the car without the ride becoming to rigid or harsh? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!! Dan :confused:

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cut your springs.

Make sure you heat them up first though, I hear that makes the metal stronger! :D

Seriously, motons or penskes are the ONLY way to do it right. Spring caps make very little difference and wont make the ride any better. I have motons and my front tires are tucked. The car rides better than any corvette I've ever had. 5K installed is a grip, but I look at it this way, it's an almost 90k car with no traction control or stability system, I want the BEST suspension on the street. Do it right the first time and never worry about it again. Take the motons off when you go to sell the car and get some of your investment back. I just did this when I parted out my z. Go with the motons. :2tu:

OP
OP
C

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cut your springs.

Make sure you heat them up first though, I hear that makes the metal stronger! :D

Seriously, motons or penskes are the ONLY way to do it right. Spring caps make very little difference and wont make the ride any better. I have motons and my front tires are tucked. The car rides better than any corvette I've ever had. 5K installed is a grip, but I look at it this way, it's an almost 90k car with no traction control or stability system, I want the BEST suspension on the street. Do it right the first time and never worry about it again. Take the motons off when you go to sell the car and get some of your investment back. I just did this when I parted out my z. Go with the motons. :2tu:

Thanks for the useful feedback! I see you have comp coupe exhaust on you car, was their a lot of mods to get it to fit or was it pretty easy? :2tu:

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cut your springs.

Thanks for the useful feedback! I see you have comp coupe exhaust on you car, was their a lot of mods to get it to fit or was it pretty easy? :2tu:

DC performance put it on. I think there is very little fabrication to it. It mates right to the factory manifolds. I am very happy with the sound. It's loud but with very little drone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96