Best place/price to get Pilot Sports (NO JON B !! grrrrrrrrr)

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GotVenom, great info. Never knew about the date codes on tires but I do now. I agree, when you spend $1000+ on tires, you want not only new tires but current tires. Thanks again for the info.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The date code is stamped into the tire where you see it start with DOT the very last 3-4 digits are the week and year they were made. so if it say 269 then it was made in the 26th week of 1999 . If it says 1504 then it was in the 15th week of 2004. Two of your tires will show it on the outside of the tire the other two since are tires are directional, will be on the other side of the wheel, and you will have to look under the car and spin the wheel to the right place. Apparantly this is on every tire made.

RedVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have purchased two sets of Wheels (HRE'S) from Jon B with no problems. Anyway he has always been great to do business with. Hope you Find a great deal somewhere else. We all have things we could improve on. :2tu:

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too own my own business and as everyone else here who owns their own business can agree with me....YOU CANNOT KEEP EVERYONE HAPPY ALL THE TIME!

Some of these customers think you owe them the world just because they are your customer! And if you look at them wrong or talk to them the wrong way, they are going to get pissed at you and tell everyone not to do business with you because of horrible customer service. As though there are not other things these people shouldn't be concerned with in their life! Then again, the people who usually expect nothing but perfect customer service probably don't have anything better to do in their life!

I bought one thing from Jon and he didn't give me perfect customer service but he got the job done for me and that is all I asked for. I didn't need anyone to crawl up my ***. I am human too and I have a lot of other things on my mind all day other than helping the current customer I am with. If I'm in a bad mood at the time, I most likely won't be as cheerful as I should be.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate jon b as well and will never buy anything off him as well! He doesn't have good cusomter service at all always in a ****** mood he can go [******] himself! I'd rather pay twice as much and get someone that knows how to talk to customers then his ****** ass!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just the Seattle weather:)

I've done lots of business with Jon B. Some good, some not so good. But John has always be a stand up guys and taken care of it for me with no fuss. I try too give my business to John B. for two reasons. 1. he supports Viper events and 2. he has a vast knowledge in all areas of the Dodge Viper. And he’s prices are great. OK that’s three. When I call John B. I know he’s busy so I’m to the point and I let him get back to his other customers. I agree he can come off short at times but I respect a man for keeping he’s mind focused on his business. I know myself with my business. You can **** away a lot of time BS ing with clients on the phone about nothing. John B. has given me advise numerous times, advice that did not make him money and I but a value on that. I’d give John B. your tire business he’ good people.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have made several purchases from jon b and they have all went well and as stated before BEST prices and vast knowledge. Big time support for the viper community. i will do business with him again, i do my research and then call jon for the best price.

Reaction score
Jon B. is a very busy man! There are only so many hours in a day and I feel he does a very good job making it all happen.

I try to get to the point when I call because I know he is a ONE MAN show that is very popular. I think he is a great man to the Viper community and a great source of information. I would rather pay him a bit more just because of all the FREE knowledge I have gained from him!

I do not post very often because I too hate to be included in the bashing on this site. I may understand his situation because I have several businesses and it is hard to make everyone happy at times. There are days when there is just not enough hours to give ample time to every customer (you have to make judgement calls on tire kickers or not).

Future posters on this subject should state if they own a business and are in sales, I think it would be interesting to see that the ones that are doing the bashing have never been in that situation (It is not always as easy as it looks). Just from my real life experiences I feel for the people that are included in these bashing threads.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B. is a very busy man! There are only so many hours in a day and I feel he does a very good job making it all happen.

I try to get to the point when I call because I know he is a ONE MAN show that is very popular. I think he is a great man to the Viper community and a great source of information. I would rather pay him a bit more just because of all the FREE knowledge I have gained from him!

I do not post very often because I too hate to be included in the bashing on this site. I may understand his situation because I have several businesses and it is hard to make everyone happy at times. There are days when there is just not enough hours to give ample time to every customer (you have to make judgement calls on tire kickers or not).

Future posters on this subject should state if they own a business and are in sales, I think it would be interesting to see that the ones that are doing the bashing have never been in that situation (It is not always as easy as it looks). Just from my real life experiences I feel for the people that are included in these bashing threads.

first of all let me say YOU LUCKY MOTHER ****ER!!! ALL THOSE VIPERS lol

Second I agree

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I own multiple businesses. I've bought thousands of $ worth of stuff from JonB and NEVER had a problem. He has always made time for me. If there was another pending call he needed to take he would always get back with me asap. I know there have been times I've been in the middle of placing an order and other people call and he has them call back as well. I think it equals out. Jon will also go out of his way to make something happen quickly. Last Dec. I needed a roll bar before the Bradenton race. Less than a week out and autoform wouldn't sell me one, everyone else was out of them. Called JonB and he worked it out with AutoForm I had it in 3 days and installed it at the track. He also saved me appx $200. Thats service!!!!!! I personally think Jon's the best parts supplier out there. That's MHO! :usa:

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
I own multiple businesses. I've bought thousands of $ worth of stuff from JonB and NEVER had a problem. He has always made time for me. If there was another pending call he needed to take he would always get back with me asap. I know there have been times I've been in the middle of placing an order and other people call and he has them call back as well. I think it equals out. Jon will also go out of his way to make something happen quickly. Last Dec. I needed a roll bar before the Bradenton race. Less than a week out and autoform wouldn't sell me one, everyone else was out of them. Called JonB and he worked it out with AutoForm I had it in 3 days and installed it at the track. He also saved me appx $200. Thats service!!!!!! I personally think Jon's the best parts supplier out there. That's MHO! :usa:

[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm all giddy in side now... lol..

When you bringing your monster to VIR, so I can kick some UG racing ***? Or are all you guys just straight liners? I don't mind my distinct dissadvantage of 1/10 your power, I'll make up for it with *****... lol...

Anyways.. WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THIS $HIT YOU GUYS ARE RAMBLING ON ABOUT, I just want some tires damn you people, go start ANOTHER (we have had plenty in the 2.5 years I have been here) "I love Jon B, I HATE Jon B" thread. I just put that part in the title to save people posting that I could get the tires from Jon B. So I put in my post NOT him, so people would save the effort of coming into the post and recommending him... Oh well, you try to save people some time, and look what you get...

Least I gave you Jon B Haters(such as myself) a place to vent...

Later.

Jon

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery