Best Radar Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got about 55000 miles on my V1, not a ticket yet.
When I didn't have have one, 2 tickets in 9 days both over 80, my Passport took a dump.
www.valentineone.com

BTW, you still need to use your head a little.
laugh.gif

vinman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have Valentine One for 3 years running in 540i.... never a ticket... just got new Snake in September... unit #2 on the way... V1s should come built in to these cars wherever legal!

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V 1 is the way to go. I've been using it for a long..long time now and it had save me from getting a ticket all the time except one. That time the cop use the instant on, so there's no way out.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 V-1's The old model and the new. Between the two of them, I have logged well over 250,000 miles of windshield time. I have owned several other detectors prior to the V-1--no comparison. I recently took a little ride with a friend who has the 8500 Passport in a 2002 C-5. We were able to compare the units over a 280 mile run on two lane roads. We had communicators with us. He may have picked up one KA signal 50 or 60 feet before me over a hill, but then again--who knows. The kicker for the V-1 is the rear antenna and 'bogey' counter. This has saved me many times. I have been 'sandwiched' both front and rear several times. The directional arrow alerts to both signals and flashes the stronger signal. It's amazing how well this works!

--BTW I didn't pull the C-5 substantially till 4th gear. On one 'spirited' passing, we started at 55 or so and I went to 145.
He was at 131 MPH when we shut down(he had been through 3,4& into 5th). On another, my 4th gear from 60-125 was equivalent to his third. He thought he was doing pretty good till I told him I hadn't downshifted. Later in the day, he sucker punched me from behind when I was in 6th. All in good fun!

Steve

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a Valentine One. Bought one about 6 weeks before my car arrived so was ready to go right away. Provides plenty of advanced warning with very few false alarms.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard great things about the ****** 8500, but am addicted to the directional warnings of the V1 I have had for over two years. My biggest gripe is that it seems to be "falsing" a LOT lately (other radar detectors, automatic doors, etc.).

Oh, and since this is more a general topic than Viper, I will respectfully move it to Off Topic. You can also get a very rich history of comparisons by doing a search on this site. Good luck!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4