Best shocks for an 01 ACR

Paulb7546

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2001 ACR and one of the shocks went bad ,so I wanna replace all four. I was wondering what the best replacement shocks are?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another vote for Motons. I have Penske's on the street car and they don't last well. The Motons on the track car are awesome...rebuilt 5 years ago - been through hell - and work perfectly.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you going to use it for the track or just street driving? Track Motons or Penske. Street driving, get a set of Blue Koni stockers. All the same from 1996-2002.

OP
OP
P

Paulb7546

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mostly street driving so how are the Motons for day to day driving? How much? and Where do i get them?

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 for stock konis. I auto-x my car and have absolutely no complaints. The Konis should also last longer than anything else you could install.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if street driving, get a set of regular gen2 shocks. forget the ACR shocks, they are a PIA

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had 1 of the stockers leaking (they are known to leak) on our 2001 GTS ACR. We sent it off to have it rebuilt; looking at the cost of replacing the shocks vs rebuilding the price.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chuck if buying new or a lot of the tuners have takeoffs from time to time. i got mine from DLM

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have a 2002 gts with stock shocks and id like to have a little firmer suspension. is there anything out there that isnt thousands of dollars that would be an upgrade from stock?
(not trying to hijack, just figured its close enough to the topic)

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Penske 8300's on my 01 ACR and love them, however they are definitely not a cheap option.

BW96snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Erik at EMI Racing. He is regardes as the best in the business and have a solution between stock and Penske/Moton $$.
If you have ACR (Koni or Dynamics) he can reburbish them, improve them and revalve them to your liking. Send greetings from another CA B/W GTS!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nice thing about the adjustable options (moton/penske) is just that, you can adjust them in literally 30 seconds. So if you're up for the expenditure, even for street use you can dial in a nice ride for a trip or firm it up for slamming exit ramps. Absolutely not necessary but nice to have. For the track, its much more important.