Best Sounding Viper?

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running straight pipes with sean roe's high flow cats.. it sounds great and is very loud. It sounds best at wide open throttle.. people at the track 2 weeks ago commented on how awesome it sounded going down the track. I was on a budget so it worked for me. Less than $300 for everything... I did the work myself..

If you're looking for more power though, you'll need headers and some other setup.. headers can really help

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Joe has a Belanger setup - sounded GREAT to me.

The Belangers combined with the Borla cat-back and Roe cats would be my choice. Sounds absoulutely wicked at high RPM.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote for the full Belanger set up with either 2 or 4 mufflers--no cats. It is down right mean at WOT. Rattles the upstairs windows at idle in the garage.

Steve

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im trying to figure this out, some run no cats others run no mufflers. What is the difference? Which is louder? Which puts out more power? Which has less heat? Any other notable differences???

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run Hennessey headers, Borla 3" exhaust, Roe hi-flow cats, and no mufflers. Sounds pretty good, especially at WOT. Met up with GENXGTS (Ryan) over the weekend and he seemed to like the sound too. Sounded especially awesome going WOT in the tunnel that goes under the river between Detroit and Windsor, Canada.

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like Curly is doing the talking:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
You must be registered for see images
...a coiple of suppliers on this board sell them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> (Originally posted by Motor City Mad Man)

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AKViper:
Sounds like Curly is doing the talking:

You must be registered for see images
...a coiple of suppliers on this board sell them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> (Originally posted by Motor City Mad Man)

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I must type too fast. And UtahViper, I love the loud sound on mine, even on long trips but I am now afraid it can be used to locate me by the local po po when I am doing some "spirited" driving.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MKoller:
My experience is no cats produces a louder exhaust note, and probably a little more hp due to the less restriction in the exhaust path caused by the inside guts of the cat. as for heat? id say less heat because of the lack of the cats cause those things get real hot when they are working. sometimes removing mufflers actually causes a loss of hp due to the compelete absence of backpressure.
What confuses me is where do you take the car to have the cats removed? most exhaust shops wont even think about doin that for you, and where do you find O2 simulators for a viper?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
For enough money you can get a shop to do anything you want. Ask around at some performance shops in your area and I'm sure they will point you int the right direction as to which shop would do the cat work. As for O2 sims, a coiple of suppliers on this board sell them.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the Hennessey headers and cat back with no cats and no mufflers. It sounds absolutely incredible. I took some friends of mine for a ride on a wide road that curved around their building and they were amazed at the high pitch the exhaust made.

If you drive this system around on weekends and special occasions it is fine but if you want to do a road trip it is toooooo loud.

My wife and neighbors can hear me a half a mile away at WOT.

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A three inch set of Roe's cats and some Borla Sportsman's gives a deep low pitched idle, a thunderous outrageous WOT, and an inner cabin drone that could cause brain damage. I recieved daily accolades of "awesome, incredible, loud, scarry, impressive, etc." Slap a couple of Axis turbos on there and you get to keep the idle, still have an outrageous WOT, and no more drone.
cool.gif
The wife thinks the "exhaust fix" was definitely needed but a bit disappointed in that I couldn't find a little cheaper way to fix it.
laugh.gif

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no cats and totally blown out mufflers and the sound in Bad Viper is very loud with a nice loud drone in the passenger car department.

I saw Ori Rosenbaum's viper that he sold (wonder who bot it?) that had 550 HP and simple straight pipes exhaust. When he would take off at the Virginia City Hill Climb, all heads turned. It was wicked loud (to use Adam *******'s favorite word.)

I liked Ori's.

What I wonder is if a 3.5 or 4" straight pipe system would fit out the back.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the cdi coated headers to 3" ss pipe to 3" corsa.No cats,Apex syms.I thought it was too loud but quickly got used to it.Not bad at all in a GTS with the windows up.Not bad at light throtle and low cruise RPM.Awesome when on the loud pedal.Probably too loud for an RT unless you drive with ear plugs.Makes me smile.Makes the wife smile.Makes everyone smile because they just can't beleive it. Bruce

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

Go out to my website as you click on each page you will hear the sounds I have two different ones on the site, cranking and going through first through third. Specs are there as well.
www.samviper.com

[/B][/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery