Best Spark Plug for a Head/Cam GTS

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought a Head/Cam/Header/Exhaust etc.. Car. 2000 GTS ACR.

It needs plugs. What would be my best bet? I searched but could not really find any clear answers. Any help would be greatly apprecited.

Jared

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your going to need to give us much more information if you want a good answer rather than a guess.

What kind of heads, compression, turbo, supercharged, N/A, etc...

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i wish i new guys.. I really do. LOL

I bought the car already built. The guy says it is a Heffner Car. Either there "575" package or the "650"

Here is what i know it has. Belengers, 3.55's, full 3" exhaust no muffler, ROE High Flow Cats, Cam(unknown), Heads unknown, Stock Air Box with twin K&N plate filters, Clutch and Flywheel. The car went 11.3 at 128 in PA with the other guy driving that he said he did not really get on it until 2nd due to traction issues. Since then i got the 3.55's. The car runs good no dought. Hope this helps, i am a newb to vipers.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought the car already built. The guy says it is a Heffner Car. Either there "575" package or the "650"

Here is what i know it has. Belengers, 3.55's, full 3" exhaust no muffler, ROE High Flow Cats, Cam(unknown), Heads unknown, Stock Air Box with twin K&N plate filters, Clutch and Flywheel. The car went 11.3 at 128 in PA with the other guy driving that he said he did not really get on it until 2nd due to traction issues. Since then i got the 3.55's. The car runs good no dought. Hope this helps, i am a newb to vipers.

If it's Heffner, give them a call with you Vin...maybe then can get you the build specs.

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i gave them a Email with a vin.. And they said that they would not be able to tell me that way.. Kinda of piss's me off.

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ha.. I wish. The guy i bought it from bought it from a "Exotic" Car dealership. And the work was done back in the 02-03 range. So it was two owners ago. Really hard to find out anything about the build.

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I pulled all the plugs last night along with the Valve Covers to see if it had the 1.7 rockers. It does not have rockers, the plugs that were in it are NGK Vpower 8's. I could be wrong on that, but i am about 99% on that, i will double check when i get home. Thanks for all the help guys.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main thing we need to know is if the cylinder heads are factory or Strykers. Perhaps someone would be able to tell by looking at some pictures? Or something else you can look for on the casting to tell.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If it is OE heads, and currently has a stock length plug [or can run a stock length plug without contact] the hands-down best plug available is an RC10ECC, which is also almost impossible to find and ridiculously expensive. I have ONE SET available that has about 1000 miles on it. They are in perfect operational condition.

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I am guessing this is where a dedicated fuel was mounted at one time.. I am guessing the car may of had bottle at one time.

And the Plugs are NGK VPower with a 8 on the side.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put Autolite Iridium XP985's in my ACR with Ab's wires, however its mostly stock. I like how they make the car run, however that could be the Ab's wires too.

Regards,
Aaron

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like stock heads, best plug would be OEM champions.

How can you tell?? I also got a Heffner car with mods, but also want to know if the heads are done or not.....

@jrod

Have you had the car on a dyno yet? I got 551FWHP with my heffner build engine, but with rockers etc. Really like to hear what you numbers are....

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The guy "says" it's a Heffner car, but Heffner can't tell you anything about the car? :crazy2:

Is it possible it's just a bunch of bolt-ons? Have you ran the car at the track yourself to get a baseline of how the car runs now?

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We had an event in Lubbock this weekend. Kinda of impromto street racing on a air strip. I was running with cars that trapped 126-132 all night. I know for sure the car has a nasty cam in it. I will post a sound clip tonight.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless they have projected tips like the OEM plugs they will not work as well. You really should use OEM plugs, on the dyno they are worth 10hp at the wheels vs a non projected tip plug.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a heads up...

there are RC10ECC spark plugs for sale on the viperalley site from a trusted member there

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep. I sent him a Message. But wow, what a dif the longer plugs made! The car does not pop on deceleration due to un burnt fuel. And runs great!