Best Value In Wheels

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently had black stripes added to my silver car while having some paint work done and I think black center wheels with a chrome/polished lip would look great with the new stripes. I've looked at most of the brands (HRE, Kinesis, Forgeline, etc.) and I don't see a big difference in appearance. I'd like to stay 18/19 (to use my existing tires) or go 19/19. I'm looking for the best "value" in a quality wheel. I am also concerned about having to relocate the e-brake and re-using the pressure sensors. Anyone gone through this exercise? Any info on what you purchased and how much you paid would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must agree with BC [******] wheels are really well priced but I got the HRE's instead because of the name :eek:

Ricky :D

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CCW are the best value. They are very good looking wheels and I have never read a complaint about them here or on the Corvette Forum.

I think they are about 30-50% cheaper than HRE's

Good luck

OP
OP
D

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love CCW wheels, and I know they are a value, but I want black centers and it is difficult to paint a one piece wheel. I talked to my painter and he is concerned about the paint edge looking good. Has anyone tried this? Obviously a three piece wheel center takes care of this potential problem.

Regarding H******Y, I like his wheels and they are reasonably priced but do I dare trust him/his products after his history?

Thanks for the replies.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Value you say? CCW is easily the best value. They make them in their shop and sell them also. No middle man making THOUSANDS on the deal on 4 wheels.

Check them out, they've got lots 'o sizes and patterns to choose.
Depending on what you want you'll pay 2,900 to 3,200 (what I paid 4 my 19/20 wheel combo, this included lugs, center caps, air sensors, etc)'
GIve John a call and talk to him about what you want. Since he makes them there perhaps there is something he can do since you want to paint them or make the centers black... ;) :2tu: :usa:

Good Luck!

Gerald

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CCW offers an option of anodizing (not sure if available in colors or just hard anodizing) the centers of the 3 piece wheels. Their website shows pics of black centered wheels in the gallery, and hard anodizing is usually grey, so it should be available....

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love CCW wheels, and I know they are a value, but I want black centers and it is difficult to paint a one piece wheel. I talked to my painter and he is concerned about the paint edge looking good. Has anyone tried this? Obviously a three piece wheel center takes care of this potential problem.

Regarding H******Y, I like his wheels and they are reasonably priced but do I dare trust him/his products after his history?

Thanks for the replies.

He has had a LOT of problems in the past, but he's following the straight and narrow now. I got the first set that they made, so that show's how confident I am. The wheels look great, and the quality is fantastic. Also, you don't pay until he ships.