Reaction score
Anyone help to how best to lower the car, front and rear? Thanks

OP
OP
V

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks GTS Bruce. Are spring something I can handle with a garage lift or needs professional install?

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone help to how best to lower the car, front and rear? Thanks

What's the current ground clearance at the bottom edge of your front air deflector? Mine is only 3 1/4" with stock suspension and I cannot imagine anyone wanting to go lower than that if they plan on driving on public roads.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
I just did my 99 RT by having the springs cut (Couldn't get the Eibachs in the time frame I wanted). If you're DIY, measure them precisely and then remove/cut. I dropped about an inch, put 19's on the rear 18's on the front and it makes a great difference in look and road feel.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOU cut springs on a HIGH performance car?
:nono:

It would be better he would gain some weight.
Would lower the car also....:lmao:

v10nut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had three way adjustable Motons installed on my 2001 RT. Then I had the bump-steer done and had the car ballanced. The car handles great and looks awesome. That is a very expensive way to go but worth it if you plan to road course your car.

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this mean that you can install the Eibach springs without the need for revalving or replacing the factory shocks? I read that they can be adjusted, and I assume I can find more info on this - just wondering if I understand correctly. On my DD driver, I have to replace the shocks as they cannot be adjusted.

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's the current ground clearance at the bottom edge of your front air deflector? Mine is only 3 1/4" with stock suspension and I cannot imagine anyone wanting to go lower than that if they plan on driving on public roads.

You must be registered for see images attach
I hear you!!! I bump stuff all the time. I like the look but I would have to have a real good reason for lowering. ie: alot of tracking maybe??? Opinions vary but for me the existing height functions fine. :drive:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does this mean that you can install the Eibach springs without the need for revalving or replacing the factory shocks? I read that they can be adjusted, and I assume I can find more info on this - just wondering if I understand correctly. On my DD driver, I have to replace the shocks as they cannot be adjusted.

CORRECT to the bold question. Your OE shocks, 1992-2002 are REBOUND ADJUSTABLE when they are off the car, as when changing to Eibach springs.

You can also replace the THICK OE Spring caps with thinner ones......

What is a DD Driver? I dont understand that comment

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just did my 99 RT by having the springs cut (Couldn't get the Eibachs in the time frame I wanted). If you're DIY, measure them precisely and then remove/cut. I dropped about an inch, put 19's on the rear 18's on the front and it makes a great difference in look and road feel.

DONT CUT YOUR SPRINGS. Holy-Moly-Gee-Whizz, this aint a Buick-Low-Rider

EIBACHS ARE READILY AVAILABLE...dont understand the 'time frame' issue. Pay for NEXT DAY AIR, get em NEXT DAY.

NTIDOTE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone lowered their car with the following set up:

295 x 19" front and 345 x 19" in the rear

If so, did you use the Eibachs

Thanks in advance

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lowered the GTS with Eibachs and have 19" HRE's all around, with a 345 Rear and 285 Front. All is good and looks great. Not sure about the extra 10mm though.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lowering for cosmetic reasons is fine, but:

The lower CG makes the Viper a bit more "nimble" on turn-in, with a more crisp response.

The PROGRESSIVE spring rate fights back harder the more you toss the car...less body-roll.

Lotta PLUSSES for a little $$

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the eibachs on my 01 RT. I love the look and handling, but I do a lot of scraping around town. It is my daily driver. When you lower it with these, even tire wear makes a difference with which bumps you scrape.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang