Best Way to Meet Someone Else?

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might not be about what you thought it was :nono:

Without being too creepy, what's an effective way that y'all have found to meet someone else that owns a Viper in person? There is another Viper here at work and I am stuck on the matter - I can walk up to almost anyone and strike up a convo but it feels a lil' dirty/bizarro to hang out next to their car all day just waiting for them to appear.

Besides, my boss might get a lil' annoyed...

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would leave my card or just a note sayin ...Sir.....Please call me at this number reference your Viper.........I am................number............Thanks
:2tu: :)

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help so far!!! No luck in the bathroom...well, at least not with meeting the Viper owner...

Some people wouldn't want anyone to leave anything on their car

Exactly - I would hate for the first thing out of his/her mouth to be "Why the :curse: did you touch my car?"

Tossed a biz card in a Vette years ago when he left his top down at the mall (I know, right?) and it worked out pretty well. It's just the initial meet-and-greet that seems to be problematic.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help so far!!! No luck in the bathroom...well, at least not with meeting the Viper owner...

Exactly - I would hate for the first thing out of his/her mouth to be "Why the :curse: did you touch my car?"

Tossed a biz card in a Vette years ago when he left his top down at the mall (I know, right?) and it worked out pretty well. It's just the initial meet-and-greet that seems to be problematic.

Please define "it worked out pretty well". There seems to be a pattern here.:deveek:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A week ago I was cruisin down the freeway when I saw this sinister lookin out of this world red car parked on the shoulder with its hazards flaskin. It looked so exotic and I thought it was a porshe carrera gt (600k).....as I got closer I saw it was a gen1 viper with the top off..

Wow! Rts look sick with the top off and this was the first viper Id seen on the road in around 8 months.

Went onto the shoulder and backed up to the guy and then exited my kia to see if this viper owner needed help ect.

I start walking back and he gives me the goaway hand sighn. I then tell him I have one as well and he dosent seem to give a fock and tells me he dosent need help...

Pretty upsetting but hey us viper owners are testosterone filled americans who dont buy tupperware. Not everyones gonna give you a big cheesy gold chained wearen wave and be your buddy when you have one too or leave a note on there car...

Goodluck

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nowadays he was probably thinking you were going to jack him up and steal the car.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Park your Viper next to his Viper and leave your business card under his wiper blade with a quick note saying, "Nice car, do you know where car guys hang out in this town? Call me, lets get a beer"

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a Viper that goes to the ******* I frequent and I've seen it a number of times. Tried the board, but he obviously either isn't on here or doesn't want to be bothered. I've thought about leaving a card, but didn't know how that would be taken. Total opposite ... I saw a really nice Porche earlier this week across from the upscale restaurant I was at a happy hour at and walked across the street to the other bar to see who owned it. He joined me outside with the car to talk HP and ride ... why do Viper owners have a chip on their shoulder?

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A week ago I was cruisin down the freeway when I saw this sinister lookin out of this world red car parked on the shoulder with its hazards flaskin. It looked so exotic and I thought it was a porshe carrera gt (600k).....as I got closer I saw it was a gen1 viper with the top off..

Wow! Rts look sick with the top off and this was the first viper Id seen on the road in around 8 months.

Went onto the shoulder and backed up to the guy and then exited my kia to see if this viper owner needed help ect.

I start walking back and he gives me the goaway hand sighn. I then tell him I have one as well and he dosent seem to give a fock and tells me he dosent need help...

Pretty upsetting but hey us viper owners are testosterone filled americans who dont buy tupperware. Not everyones gonna give you a big cheesy gold chained wearen wave and be your buddy when you have one too or leave a note on there car...

Goodluck

Similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago. While being on a business trip out of town I saw a GEN I taking a stop at a break location on the highway. I pulled over in my rental car behind him, and tried to strike a conversation with the driver, stating I had a 94 car. I got a "test" question if it was a hard top? And I told him that it was just like his 95 RT. I guess my claim that I had my rocker panels solid red discouraged him from interacting with me or maybe he was on a rush and we never made friends. LOL.

bluegrassvet1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Park your Viper next to his Viper and leave your business card under his wiper blade with a quick note saying, "Nice car, do you know where car guys hang out in this town? Call me, lets get a beer"

Sounds a lot better than "I'll meet you in the toilet" LMFAO

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is your office? Do you know Rev Heat?

Broadway/McCullough and I am honestly not sure. Have you and I met?

I think gb66 has the best idea except I hardly ever bring mine to work and his is only here every now-and-again...oh well, i am sure it'll work out, if it's meant to.

Thanks guys!!!

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Back into him with your daily driver and leave your name with your insurance info. Pretty sure you'd get a reaction :D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think he'd get mad about the business card if you attach it to a note saying you're also a Viper owner and just wanna get a beer/go cruising one day. I left a business card on a black SRT at an Atlanta mall one day. The guy called a couple hours later and even went to the Tony Armour BBQ that year with us.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back into him with your daily driver and leave your name with your insurance info. Pretty sure you'd get a reaction :D

hahaha :D

Agreed with all above, business card and note under the wiper is pretty harmless. If he frieks out about that, do you really want to hang with? :dunno:

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like your trying to plan a man date!

Just find a show going on and then try and run into the guy and ask him if he wants to do a dual viper cruise to the show.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not print a flyer for your next local VCA event and slide it under his windshield wiper? You can leave a little note on the flyer with your phone # and a quick message to let him know your also an owner and not a stalker.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why not print a flyer for your next local VCA event and slide it under his windshield wiper? You can leave a little note on the flyer with your phone # and a quick message to let him know your also an owner and not a stalker.

+1
I think this is the best idea yet. The flyer for the VCA Event will not make you seem creepy and just make you seem like a normal car guy.
Good Luck

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great idea! He drove it today so I just left a note re: upcoming Viper stuff, mentioned the facts that my wife and I attend them and I don't bring it to work, and I threw in a P.Ss that if this annoys him then I feel bad. Walked around the parking lot like nine times and I started sweating bullets as I approached the car but mission accomplished - We'll see how it goes now, I guess.

Appreciate the help fellas!! I realize this was a "strange" request (I agree, it sounded a lil' ***) but you know how it goes...SWMBO gave a me a really weird look when I brought this up over the weekend, as well.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you both have the same schedule try parking next to his car. Sooner or later you'll meet up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala