Best year for the GTS???

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, I try not to be confrontational towards people. But the guy kinda slammed me so I was just returning the favor lol. I didn't realize he would get so pissed about it. :( I really do like this site, it'a a bit more serious than the alley, but thats good because there is a lot of very knowledgable people over here! I just got into my GTS about a year ago and basically have taught myself how to work on them...and every time I've had a question about something, I check this site or ask my friend 99RT/10. I really like the fact that this car is so easy to work on. Me and a buddy of mine swapped a rear end a couple years ago on a 2001 RT. Before that, I had never seen the underside of a Viper let alone worked on one. It was so easy! Took us about 2.5 hours from the time we put it on the lift until it drove away!

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and sorry that my wife is in the last two pictures, it's all I have on my work computer...

Not sure if you noticed this, but your wife is excessively attractive. I hope you tell her so.

I realize that has nothing to do with the original post, which I now haven't the vaguest idea what it was.

Oh yeah: all the OP really needs to know is that the 2000 Viper GTS is superior to all other Vipers in so many ways it pains me to think of them all, starting with the fact that I own one. So there.

Time to start a thread about "What color Viper is the Best, Especially in this Economy?"

OP
OP
F

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's ALL GOOD.......

We're ALL VIPER OWNERS!!!!!!! That's the ONLY thing that matters.

My question was more directed towards any known problems with certain years. I've owned Porsches in the past and could recite the problems each and every year has. My Viper runs better and has been more reliable than ANY Porsche I have ever had. It is also INFINITELY EASIER TO WORK ON!! Not to mention a clutch for a 95 RT/10 is about $1000 installed VS $4000 for a 911.

IN my book, VIPERS are ALL GREAT. Thanks for the replies. I have ALWAYS gotten great advice from this site and it's members.

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's ALL GOOD.......

I've owned Porsches in the past and could recite the problems each and every year has.

IN my book, VIPERS are ALL GREAT. Thanks for the replies. I have ALWAYS gotten great advice from this site and it's members.

I agree with you, and had been in the Porsche camp for years and years. Still love 'em (my 993tt is a car I still miss, 3 years later) but the Viper has got special charm all its own.

This thread was an education to me too, as some of those variances and variables flew out the window when I first drove 'my' car (when it was for sale).

I cared not that it lacked ABS ('something else to fail!' I rationalized) or anything else. It was the look, the sound, the feel, the LeMans-winning history, and the FACT that America stepped up to the plate on this car... and slapped it way out of the park. Good job Dodge.

In truth, your Viper pursuit and acquisition will only go better with the info from this board. We look forward to your ownership... and I bet you do too.

Brentt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And threads like these are why I have an extra "T" on the end of my name :0

Brentt