BFG drag radials 18"

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BFG drag radials 18\"

Has anybody tried the new 18 inch BFG drag radials yet?
i would like some feedback. i know there not good in the rain but on the street how well do they handle? and how long do they last? ARe they worth spending the money.

thank you,
Max

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: BFG drag radials 18\"

Max,

Bought them from Jon B. but haven't put them on yet. Still waiting on a couple of 18" Wheels to fit them on. A buddy of mine has them, no problem, just don't drive them in the rain.

OP
OP
M

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: BFG drag radials 18\"

Max,

Bought them from Jon B. but haven't put them on yet. Still waiting on a couple of 18" Wheels to fit them on. A buddy of mine has them, no problem, just don't drive them in the rain.
thanks for the response. You said he likes them but do they give much better traction then a new set of Mich Pilots? i am replacing my rear tires and deciding to maybe go with the BFG.

thanks again

Max

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: BFG drag radials 18

I agree with BigCarrot...Supercharger=Drag Radials for sure. I just have the regular mods, and I think they're gonna cut my 60' time down A LOT!

If you have DLM, get them!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you have a blown car, at the very least these tires would cut down on that annoying "get sideways at 140mph" thing. :D

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone have any pictures of these on a car? I'm thinking about these for my daily driver tires w/ the pilots staying on the front.

Thoughts?

JD

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here are mine. I will try to find a pic of them on the car. These work better for stock to mild hp cars. The 1 ROE s/c car I saw running at the V10 Nats with these did well, but the s/c was his only mod for the most part. Cudaman's car with ROE s/c and motor work was on slicks as I think any high hp s/c car should be at the track in order to get best results.

But on the street these will certainly help and they are definetly better than Pilots, no comparison. These were bogging my mostly stock car at the line even leaving around 3700 rpm. So next time out I will launch 4,000-4,500 with 15-17 lb's in the tires. Got mine from Luke @ Tirerack.

195100_0301a-med.JPG

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh yeah. These are the 345's so they are a little over an inch taller. Dropped my et's by .3 tenths from Pilots and again I was bogging bad off the line.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

just got mine from Luke also, great guy. i will have them on my supercharged viper on monday, will let you know how they hold up.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wouldn't think they would be that much taller, since they are sill a 30 series. I thought they'd just be wider. Have you measured?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I also got them from Luke 8-10 weeks ago. They are my daily driver tires. They are scary in the rain. I have too much power to use Pilots as daily drivers, but they hook great for me on the street. I lent my BFG to Fuelman @ V-10 Nationals, he quickly master them ( he ran 11.13). I would think they would corner well below average.They are a drag radial designed to go hard and fast in a staight line. Something else to think about, you need to launch at the street/ dragstrip with a lot of RPMs ..... they are a drag radial with a huge area of contact.
Cudaman :usa:

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As a data point, the 265/40-18s I put on my RENNtech S600 are much stickier than the Potenza S-02A tires that I took off. I'll be going up to the dragstrip on 6/14 to see just how much sticker, but subjectively they're probably 25% better on the street.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wouldn't think they would be that much taller, since they are sill a 30 series. I thought they'd just be wider. Have you measured?

Yes, I have measured. :cool: Look at the sidewalls in the pic then walk outside and look at you sidewalls. This is where a drag tire gets its advantage from a compliant sidewall. Even those these don't have as much as smaller diameter wheels, they still hook pretty good.