bfg g-force R-1

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these tires? I searched here and found nothing. Though they are only available in a 335/30-18 (345's would be better, I need more O.D.) for the rears I'm still curious.

korina

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've used a few sets of R-1s and thought they were great. This was on my pevious car,not a Viper. If I didn't get a great deal on Kuhmo 710s when I bought new wheels from Jon B I would have bought another set of R-1s for my Viper without any reservations. Go ahead and get them, you'll be satisfied.

OP
OP
C

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, but since you brought up the 710's what's your opinion of them. I'm thinking of running them on the street. It's gonna be 710's, Hoosier R-6's, or BFG R-1's. Seems no one runs the BFG R-1s? The BFG's sound like a good street tire but the O.D. is small for my application and the Hoosier's are a light weight tire (high potential for flats on the street). The latest review of the 710's on the Tire rack website was bad (supposedly the tires fell apart with very limited use). I'm completely lost. I hate Michelin for dropping the 345 Sport Cups in 18's!

korina

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I run 2 degrees camber in the front and 1 in the back and I think that helps the tires live. I did have to replace the front 2 because I did flat spot them. I've never flat spotted tires before but I guess thats my fault and not the tires but they do seem fragile. I did use my tires on the street a few times and I have nothing numbers wise to back this up but I think the heat cycling hurt them. They felt better when they were new. I probably have 10 hours of hard track time on my 710s and there is plenty of rubber left. I don't trailer this car. I drive it on race rubber to events. I'm not sure I would drive a few hours on the Hoosier R-6s to events but I know somw guys do. I'll probably buy another set next spring. Part of the appeal of the Kuhmos is that they are sized right for a Viper with 18s. The 305s on the front are nice. The car seems balanced. Jon B takes care of us on price and that helps too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960