Big Jim--This is for you! Everyone stand clear!

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somedays those quota's are tough!

You must be registered for see images

Sorry BigJim, I just couldn't resist. Back to my corner at a very high rate of speed!

DV

P.s. We never had a quota...we could write as many as we wanted!
smile.gif

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't stop laughing Ed. What a cleverly posed shot!

HOWEVER....... the REALLY, REALLY, REALLY sad postscript to this picture...... is that in MY little community of Plano, Texas.... well..... there would be NO need to "stage" it.

The Gestapo in my snobbish, upper middle class city, just recently passed an ordinance that NO "wheeled" vehicles of ANY kind (other than a bicycle) can operate even on a residential backstreet,OR sidewalk...... unless the operator has a valid driver's license. Yes, that's right, not even any unpowered little "Razor" scooters with their mini wheels in the hands of a happy 10 or 12 year old. This didn't get passed because any kids were hit or hurt..... it was just "bothering the nosy neighbors". I guess we're all supposed to sleep safer and more content here now.

So...... better tell that little feller to stay outta MY town, or we'll havta bust his a** and haul him off ta jail.... FOR REAL!!!!!!!

Sigh...... life used to be so much more..... "friendly".
frown.gif

OP
OP
D

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All righty then. Now for the "Big Boy Toys!"
cool.gif

You must be registered for see images

Wing, that is so sad. How are we to raise new "gear heads" when they do something like this? I think you should move to central Ohio! We put hemi's in Big Wheels over here.
smile.gif

On the other hand, guess who catches the "bag" when they are forced to enforce the laws that "the people" have passed. Hmmmmm...

DV

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wing King:
The Gestapo in my snobbish, upper middle class city, just recently passed an ordinance that NO "wheeled" vehicles of ANY kind (other than a bicycle) can operate even on a residential backstreet,OR sidewalk...... unless the operator has a valid driver's license. Yes, that's right, not even any unpowered little "Razor" scooters with their mini wheels in the hands of a happy 10 or 12 year old
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

King, that is sooo outrageous! It's full of holes though ... How do the geriatric Nazis that passed that one plan to get around in their wheelchairs? Bust Granny I say, when she putts out of the driveway in her electric chair to fetch her AARP renewal from the mailbox! Lay a citizen's arrest choke-hold on Bertha's wrinkly neck and haul her in for vandalism and disturbing the peace.

Or even better, the kids could organize into roving gangs of pogo-stick thugs. Boinging around the neighborhood in wheel-less packs, sneering contemptuously at the forces of 'law and order'!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wing King:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Posed you say? POSED? THAT IS ED's BABY PICTURE !

OP
OP
D

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,
You got me! Actually it was right about that time that I decided if you couldn't beat em', join em!
smile.gif

Jeff, We'd love to. Nicks DV II is done, some minor testing still going on, but all things are pointing to a major "wow" factor. TNT did a heck of a job on this last motor. Thinking seriously of either selling my original DV or having Roy do the mods to it.

We make every Viper event we can, when invited. Just hate to go to a track as an observer...man that's tough!

You on the other hand are doing a heck of a job. Love the picture of your snake crossing the "flag!"

DV

OP
OP
D

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,
Thank you for the great invite! I will pass the word to Nick, seeing as it is his car
cool.gif
, but I'm sure he will be interested. Do you have any information on it, web site?

Also, we're having a pretty good discusson on a Cobra Forum about the "DVII" and CF/CD and top speed at Bonneville. I thought maybe you might enjoy it or maybe even jump in. I'd love to have your opinion! (The basis is: Will the DV II go over 200 mph, and if so at the same time we will be setting a new speed record for Cobras at 198 +? We will be doing our first attempt at Bonneville August 2002)
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10841&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

If any other math guru's are intrigued, please jump in!
DV

OP
OP
D

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigJim,

You mean I can come out of my corner now? They did take that "B"owie knife away from you didn't they!?
smile.gif

DV

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigJim - VA 96GTS:
Of course - thank you for the correction. Can't say I remember much about the Alamo. I think that was a little before my time
smile.gif

But how did a big Texan with a big knife get snuffed by a mexican chick named Santa Anna??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Age-old problem - he brought a knife to a gun fight....(oh cheet)