Big Thanks to Jon B @ PartsRack for help on Random Tech X Pipe Cat Back

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B as always offers great service and advice in product satisfaction. Always spends time in getting you exactly what you need and never will push a sale just for sake of making one. In the past few weeks I have purchased and installed Random Tech 3inch Cats and Random Tech 3 inch Stainless Steel Cat Back System with X-Pipe and 4 inch Double Wall Stainless Tips.
Installation is on my 99 R/T 10, Stock Headers
The results: Deep Mellow Tone Overall
Deep Rumble at Idle, No drone at any cruising speed
(can hardly hear any exhaust sound on highway while cruising).
Incredible bass tone at WOT, 3 times as loud as stock system.
No raspy popping sounds.
Sound has similar deep tone as the Borla System but more of a
mellow tone.
Couldn't be happier with results after researching exhaust systems for 6 months and hours of listening other friends cars.

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you like the tips? A picture would be awesome. I have the Random Tech 3" hi flow cats. I am looking for a 3" cat back exhaust. I think I have it narrowed down to B&B and Random Tech. The Corsa is not for me. I had not heard of anyone buying the random tech cat back so I was hesitant.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jon hooked me up too a few months back and im just as happy with mine too. glad ya liked it.

OP
OP
V

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try to get a close up shot for you. There is a somewhat distant photo on the Part Rack Website. Tips are similar to Corsa major difference is that they have a nice polished stainless steel finish. Corsa tip is chrome.

OP
OP
V

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mit how awesome is the new Ducati. I rode a 996 S and fell in love with it

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 999 is a whole new level of handling compared to the 996/998 and it's a lot more comfortable to boot.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Who Am I To Disappoint a Mafia Guy ?!

Thanks for the kind words.... If you see the "Supplier Specials" site and then search 'Random Tech Cat Back' there should be some nice tip photos from the inaugural. Also available as a 3" rear sub assembly !

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge the Viper x-pipe from Random Tech was prototyped on my 2000 GTS. Random Tech engineers and owner were first class and did an incredible job on th eexhaust system even though it was simply for fittiment purposes. After installation of the RT exhaust and metallic cats I went to Carolina Motorsports Park for an SCCA event and literally burned the brake pads off with so much torque I couldn't get the power down.

I will never buy any exhaust product that Random Tech makes or is willing to prototype from anyone but them.

SERIOUSLY solid product and good people to boot.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and. geeesh. I can't BELIEVE I FORGOT TO MENTION THIS.

Jon B set the whole deal up for me!!

Thanks Jon!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi