Birfday present by a longshot!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be 18 a month and a day from today. This is one of those things I have to do. I would really like to be able to rent a viper for the weekend or something. Now, it's December. Past few days there's been temps in the 60's on a few occasions. We haven't had an el nino (when there's no snow and it's warm) in about 14-15 years here. I'm REALLY hoping, fingers crossed it's nice for my birthday in January rather than freakin snow. Last years present I just got over the summer, a ride around Daytona at 160 mph.

So do you guys have any idea where I could get such a task done here in the North East? I know it's a extremely small chance since most if not every exotic rental is found out in the west.

Thanks!
--RS

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but an 18 year old driving a Viper in NJ in late December equals disaster. The average person in your position (and this may not apply to you, just speaking in general terms) would be in way over their heads in terms of experience and driving ability. On the bright side, I seriously doubt that such a rental place exists in your area.

DrDJ

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you have to be 25 to rent any kind of car

I might be wrong though....

I am with Big-if I lived by you, I would take you for a ride too

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a place to rent in Allentown, and they have a Viper. But the problem is (and I am sure you will find this at 99% of rental companies) that you have to be 25 to rent.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In his BIG shoes!!!!!!!! :D

:needpics:

:p

[/QUOTE]

ronald.JPG

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

The ride I've done a good 7-8 times already. Even went though autocross and drag racing over a few summers in a blue GTS and a red RT. It's gotten to the point where riding in the passenger seat is enjoyable but I've done it some many times I feel like I should move up a bit. Driving one is something I have to do. Owning one is something beyond that but that's far later in life.

As far as the weather I know better. Cold weather and cold tires don't mix with big horsepower. My birthday is NEXT month not December. I don't care if I drive it around in 6th gear at 25 mph as long as I get to drive one I'm ok. Today it's 47 degrees out with the rest of the week in the low to mid 50's. I'm really hoping that it's like this, even a bit hotter by the time my birthday comes around. Snow is something that always comes down right around that time for the past few years and so far December is actually looking quite nice.

Vipers I've been in so far..
1996 Dodge viper RT/10
1996 Dodge Viper GTS
2001 Dodge Viper RT/10(steel gray)
2001 Dodge Viper RT/10(yellow)
1999 Dodge Viper RT/10

2005 Dodge viper SRT-10 (copperhead edt.)
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 mamba #40
2006 Dodge viper SRT coupe

--RS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4