Black or Red SRTC???

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I may just be getting tired of staring at these two coupes, but after contemplating between black and red for three days now, and standing inside the dealer for hours on end, I need some help.

In pictures, the red always looks great. The lines in the car are easy to see, the vents and air exhaust openings really stand out, and the rear of the car looks massively wide. The pictures seem to hide much of those effects on the black car and the color seems to have a very slimming effect (the car looks longer, more sleek, and narrower).

In person, I noticed that a good majority of people who came into the dealership were drawn to the black car first. They would walk around it, try the door to see if it was open, and then move over to the red.

I must admit that I find myself doing the same thing. As soon as I walk in, I see the black and think "damn, that car looks great!" But then I realize that the black car is most likely to get confused with a vette or, even worse yet, go unnoticed.

I want my car to scream Viper. I want that "oh damn, that is bad" feeling to overcome me everytime I open the garage and walk out to start it up. When I take it somewhere, I want to see "a real machine" parked in the valet row that makes the five porsches, eight bmw's, and seven mercedes in the row look positively pedestrian by comparison.

So, here is my question. If this car is going to eventually be the car that says FU to all other sports cars on the road, should I start with black or red? Assume that I will add stripes, lower, and change wheels as necessary over time if those things become necessary to achieve that end.

Your thoughts?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
black...lowered...wheels...no stripes....says FU to any car that rolls close to it.

MENACING :cool:

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have red and blk cars. The Viper in blk looks great until you drive it down the street. The way the Viper kicks up the dust, I chose red..

SW
You must be registered for see images

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black w/ silver stripes....lower it with black with silver liped wheels!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
black on almost all cars look the most badass!but red does looks really clean too! i would say though if you dont have a problem with keeping black cars clean, get the black viper!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The ... black .... answer ... black ....is ..... black ....easy ....

It's ...black .... absolutely .... black .... personal ... black .... preference.....

So pick the one you like best! ;)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a Red Gen II and a Black GEnIII.... I think a GenIII looks Incredible in BLACK.

I would choose BLACK, lower it, nice wheels.. WHo cares about it getting dirty, I LOVE washing my viper.. It's therapeutic..

G

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really despicable how some of you are trying to influence his decision...Shame on you

RED....
OR BLACK

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really despicable how some of you are trying to influence his decision...Shame on you

BLACK
No one would do that. Just a little help.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black... I orginally thought that black would mask some of the line of the car however, now that i have owned one for the last 6 months, I would make no other choice.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna say red just b/c black is only black for 15 mins after you wash it. Then its a nice shade of dirt colored. My car before my Viper was black...never again will I make that mistake. I later had it painted silver

OP
OP
S

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys crack me up! Some of those posts were incredibly clever and I'm still rotfl! This forum has the best group of people I have ever come across (and I am on tons of forums). The comraderie is a big part of my decision to go Viper this time around (as opposed to Z06 which I had been wait listed for past several months).

However, this thread exemplifies my own dilemma... red, black, red, black, red, black....

Decisions, decisions. I hate 'em.

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you go black you never go back ... cliche , i know ...

But seriously, you sound like you really want the car to stand out as a bad sports car and get the attention! ( who doesnt ? ) - with that said - the red will attract the eye to look at the car before black will, red screams sports car as well.

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this car is going to eventually be the car that says FU to all other sports cars on the road, should I start with black or red?

If this doesn’t scream FU, GET OUT OF MY WAY, I don't know what does.

4382ac_3.jpg

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's all this fuss over Black or Red, everyone knows Yellow is the fastest, most obvious choice, right?

Or Yellow with Black Stripes, better still

:)

-J

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow...Red...White...Silver...Blue...Copper, heck you can even go with green, all good colors. :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad