Black/silver Acr For Sale In Tx, Anyone Know History On It?

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still in the market for a Black/Silver ACR, had one purchased and looks like dealer has reneged and taken another offer after agreeing to sale it to me :mad:

Anyway I found 2000 ACR Black/Silver, has 35k on odometer, seller says Arrow replaced engine and transmission under warranty 2k miles ago (has 708 cam with forged internals), said harmonic balancer came off so they replaced the drivetrain. He said it hadn't been tracked... that was my first question. Seems unbelievable that the entire engine and tranny would be replaced because of a harmonic balancer coming off. Just curious if anyone knew anything about this car? He said he used to be in the Dallas/Ft Worth VCA chapter (guess that's north TX)?

All service work was done at Grapevine Chrysler Dodge in Grapevine, TX. Any input would be appreciated!!
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...0&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=722

You must be registered for see images

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It cost dodge alot of $'s to do that so I'd assume a valid reason. I'd ask the dealer in Grapevine to look up the vin in their computer and ask why the rebuilt both.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price seems a little high for the year and mileage to me. :) especially with the rebuilt parts.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought so too.. what price range is good? KBB is 38 but we know they are unreliable for vipers. does the arrow engine help or hurt value?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought so too.. what price range is good? KBB is 38 but we know they are unreliable for vipers. does the arrow engine help or hurt value?

What kind of warranty comes with the rebuilt items? I have heard that some of those arrow rebuilds are better than factory motors, not sure though. I think having a rebuilt motor/trans hurts the value of the car, just my opinion of course.

with that mileage and rebuilds i'd think 50-52K might be a fair value of the car given the current market value and time of year (harder to sell now).

Here is a better ACR for sale. Its more rare, has the forged motor, and has under 4K miles. I bet the reserve is at or lower than the 55K too. :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=170154422224&rd=1

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, i have considered other color combos, the only one that I was interested in was the sapphire because it is close to black LOL. In the end I think I ould only truly be happy with replacing the exact car, because I really really liked that color combo and I was the only one in the AL/TN club with that color... not sure why it was such a rare color but it was. heck 99 was a rare year anyway production-wise for the GTS.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was one in ft,lauderdale fl.99 black acr at a dealership.

I actually had a deal worked on that Ft Lauderdale car, 48k, had 9200 miles and was stock. Bought the airline ticket and was supposed to fly down tomorrow 10/2. They called me back and said they sold the car a couple hours after we agreed on a deal. :mad: Pissed me off royally. They screwed me and knew it, but I was an out of state buyer and they figured that they wouldn't suffer any consequences (they got $54k I found out).

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually had a deal worked on that Ft Lauderdale car, 48k, had 9200 miles and was stock. Bought the airline ticket and was supposed to fly down tomorrow 10/2. They called me back and said they sold the car a couple hours after we agreed on a deal. :mad: Pissed me off royally. They screwed me and knew it, but I was an out of state buyer and they figured that they wouldn't suffer any consequences (they got $54k I found out).

Man that *****. I got a a bad vibe from those guys when I talked to them. Then they kept calling and annoying me until I told them I bought another one. I had made it pretty clear I wasn't interested in it.

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I talked to them about it as well.then i found mine for 20,000 less than they were asking.but that is the car i was talking about.they started the price at 74,900 with me.:mad: but i had them down quite a bit...then spotted the bumblebee and went with it.:headbang:

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that *****. I got a a bad vibe from those guys when I talked to them. Then they kept calling and annoying me until I told them I bought another one. I had made it pretty clear I wasn't interested in it.

Thats funny,they kept calling me as well:rolaugh: .I just ignored them and they went away.:headbang:

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, what really ticked mme off is they called me for what seemed daily for 3 weeks. I was waiting on the insurance settlement for the one that was totaled, we had agreed on 48k and was waiting to get the check to make the deal. Then 3 hrs after I booked the flight they sold the car out from under me.... pretty underhanded.

My guess is they were overly greedy in the beginning, (dropped from 74,9, to 63,9 to 54k) which scared most serious buyers away... then when they finally dropped to price to a reasonable level they had more interested parties, and took an offer higher than mine even though we had a verbal agreement.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats funny,they kept calling me as well:rolaugh: .I just ignored them and they went away.:headbang:

I ignored them a couple days. Then when I picked up they went from 74K to 58K. When they first said $74k I asked them if it was TT or something. The guy I talked to was pretty much clueless. I ignored them again till I picked up and told them I purchased another car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang