Black Vipers?

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by speedaddict:
Either car will be Black/Black, what years did they make the Black GTS?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'99 - '00

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speed, I have owned 26 Corvettes, they are great cars, I still own one, get the Viper, it is more than just a car! You will feel like a rock star driving it! It is an experience just owning it. Do it, you will never look back, and black is a great color! Think stripes, they came with optional silver stripes. You may be trying to get one just a little too cheaply, mid 50-59 should get a very low mile 99 with an extended warranty, you want the warranty ,7 years, and a car with one is worth more. Try calling Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge, click on the icon on top of page, well known on this site, a racer and non-pushy salesguy. He will be able to educate you on values, if he cannot find a car for you he probably knows someone selling a black one and will refer you to them. Good luck.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the Viper buddy! Trust me!
BURNOUT.gif
I'd look at the Deep Sapphire Blue also. My car looks black at night but during the day, it's one of the prettiest blue's I've seen. Either way - you can't go wrong with a Viper IMO. I have quite a few friends that have recently sold their Z06's to buy Vipers now. Quite a few guys on the Corvette Forum are doing the same thing, based on a thread I just read over there.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start dreaming if you think you will find a 99-00 for 53K without issues. Might better look for the black Gen 1 RT/10 Vipers.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go Viper, its the most interesting and characterful car I've owned, havn't regretted buying it for one instance. Just make sure you get the best colour. Its gotta be Black
cool.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$53K is too low for a low-mileage 99 or 00. Good condition 99's and 00's are bringing high $50's. Solid black GTS's are not real common. Unless you're willing to settle for high mileage or a car in poor condition, you'll need to adjust your price target upwards. Or settle for a blue or red 96-97.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by speedaddict:
I am having the hardest choice, trying to decide between Z06 or Viper. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy you'd think that were the easiest question in the world to answer on this forum. But being the fair person I am I'll give it an honest 12.9 seconds to think it ove...done, Viper wins as usual.

Seriously though it all depends on your specific needs for the car and what you hope to get out of it. I liked the Viper over the Z06 mainly because I can't stand computers telling me how fast I can run my cars into the guardrail. Of course if you like things like ABS and Onstar the vette is a nice alternative...

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1999 and 2000 were the years for the Black GTS.

You're probably looking at $57K to $64K based on the recent classifieds.