BMW Car Club, what a bunch of pricks!!!!

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have looked you up if I had made it down. (I hope you know that) Too much was going on at the last minute to make it down. I did see it on TV though. Huge turn out, I hope they come back next year.

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hope this post puts things into perspective:

The larger clubs Porsche/Vette/BMW do pay for a certain number of spots and there is no reason that I can think of that a Viper owner should park in the middle of one of them, pop his hood to show off the spectacular/legendary V10 and take attention away from the specific corral. Put yourself in their shoes.

Sure the first guy didn’t have to yell from a distance at you(as you tell the story) he should have come up to you and explained the situation. However, you saying; "Relax! I'm only trying to improve the quality of the cars parked here!" likely left him with the impression of you being a pr!ck for shi!ting on their cars. A simple apology and moving your Viper over amongst the variety of exotics in the last two rows would have been the civilized thing to do.

Furthermore you going up to him afterward and spewing another attack was not civilized and I hope that he and whoever was around him didn’t get a bad impression of Viper owners.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, Your anger should be directed at Our VCA members for not having a decent turnout to have a corral to park with.
Three vipers? That was Fing pathetic considering howmany Vipers we have within driving distance of B-more

Also, I posted in the MD/VA section as well as the General section my phone# for any viper owners to give me a call if they wanted to meet up at this event. No-one including you contacted a fellow viper brother to hang out and shoot the ****.
I was showing your car to a few of my friends and would have loved to meet you and had you explain the car to them. I couldn’t figure out if it was a street serpent kit or what as the facia looked diff… didn’t even know it was boosted. That certainty would have impressed my friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking foward to the next B-moreGrandPrix Event. The whole thing was amazing including all the onsite activities like the concert Sat night wich rocked the house:headbang:

Sorry about that bro, but I never saw your post with your phone number or else I would have. As far as my reaction to the BMW guy, could I have handled it better? Yes. Do I regret the way I did? No. There's an old saying, you catch more flys with honey than vinegar. If his tone would have been better toward me and approached me in a better way than shouting, he would have got a better, more courteous response from me. Second, what really chapped me was the hypocrisy of the BMW owner. Oh, it's ok for BMW's to park in "our" spots or where ever they please but how dare I park in theirs. We had Ferrari's, Lambo's, an original Ford GT (bad ass by the way), a Toyota Supra, a 911 Twin Turbo, Aston Martins along with some BMW's in our spots..........nobody cared. We were all car guys enjoying other peoples machines.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:no:those are engine parts on the ground from a ummmmmmmm cry babies car.....:D

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can misquote me all you want...but sadly arrogance, ignorance, and prejudice seem very much alive and well in viperland.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, interesting read....I bought my wife a BMW roadster last year and I joined one of the forums to ask some questions and gain some knowledge. Then out of nowhere one of the members posted after someone remarked how'd they'd trade me for my Viper after reading it in my profile list, that he used to like Vipers until he got a Z3 and how superior it was, I just laughed out loud when I read it and wondered who are these people that say things and think like this?

Even more funny though, is a friend invited me to a VW show going on here in town this Saturday. So when I found out it was only for VW's he said to come anyway and park next to him. To be fair and respectful I called and asked the club organizer if it would be ok if I came for a couple hours and parked next to my buddy and he asked what type of car it was and I said a Viper. He replied, "No, I don't want to have problems b/c some Dodge is parked in the front". Wow I thought, I didn't say I was going to park in the front, in fact I would take a space at the back as long as my buddy would but I thought that was kind of a $hitty response honestly :dunno:

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't you have to get a corral pass to even drive into that lot in the first place?

I was a bit disappointed about the viper turnout too, but on the other hand, a lot of the people in the lot made me cringe. The Grand Prix brought a lot of people who are not car enthusiasts, and brought them into this lot full of Ferraris, Vipers, etc. I watched (and yelled at people for) putting their hands all over all these exotic cars. I actually saw someone's FACE PRINT in the window of a Lambo. Ouch. Fingerprints are one thing, but even worse were the people who wanted to lean and sit all over them and take pictures like they owned the car. The GT-40 seemed to be okay with the signs that said ABSOLUTELY NO TOUCHING.