Body material in ACR

Johnbennett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly does it mean when it states the Viper body material is composite/aluminum and steel. I know my old Vettes (1966, 1973) used fiberglass as the main composite. Does anybody know what the main "composites" are in the Viper ACR? Thanks.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
There was a great color-coded picture of all of the different body materials used that I'm sure someone will remember and post as the Viper uses a combination of SMC, Fiberglass, and Aluminum for it's panels.

viper_body_materials.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Johnbennett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know they are the same. I should have worded my question better. The picture/drawing seems to be for a vert and I see no "top" in the picture. What is the ACR/coupe top and decklid made from? Thanks again for your help on this.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know they are the same. I should have worded my question better. The picture/drawing seems to be for a vert and I see no "top" in the picture. What is the ACR/coupe top and decklid made from? Thanks again for your help on this.

The ACR and Coupe decklid-Top is SMC.................(and should you ever Need one.....)

OP
OP
J

Johnbennett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for this link to the announcement; I had forgotten about it. I really enjoyed reading it again and watching the video. I went to the ACR's introduction at the LA Auto Show and had my picture taken in front of the car, never dreaming that I would buy one in 2009!

I wonder how I can get a copy of the video. Were they selling it? I bought the video on the Nurburgring record lap, and this would be a nice addition to my Viper video library. Thanks!!

V

Venomiss

Thanks for this link to the announcement; I had forgotten about it. I really enjoyed reading it again and watching the video. I went to the ACR's introduction at the LA Auto Show and had my picture taken in front of the car, never dreaming that I would buy one in 2009!

I wonder how I can get a copy of the video. Were they selling it? I bought the video on the Nurburgring record lap, and this would be a nice addition to my Viper video library. Thanks!!

The VCA made that video and I am sure there are probably extra copies of the DVD around. PM Y2K5SRT and see if he can locate one for you. http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-members-only/620406-nuerburgring-dvd-now-available.html

OP
OP
J

Johnbennett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just watched my Ring video and it does not have the intro video included. I will keep searching for how to order this video.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte