Body shop paint

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one fender and the fromt bumper are being replaced on my srt.. does the paintwork that comes from a body shop usually have a clearcoat or just a single stage finish...

i'm thinking about letting the paint cure for a while then adding a wolfgang sealant followed by wax...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
one fender and the fromt bumper are being replaced on my srt.. does the paintwork that comes from a body shop usually have a clearcoat or just a single stage finish... i'm thinking about letting the paint cure for a while then adding a wolfgang sealant followed by wax...

Will be cleared by body shop.

If You have STRIPES you may want to pay extra for a clear top-coat.

DON'T ADD ANYTHING TO NEW PAINT !

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can and should put a glaze on your paint right away. It offers some protection but not as much as a wax or sealant.

You can also apply Zaino after 7 days. This is what I do and have done many times with fresh paint and have NEVER had a problem. :2tu: Zaino will allow your paint to continue to breathe while it cures.

You DO want to stay away from wax though as it will seal the paint and not allow it to breathe or outgas. :nono:

That said, you probably want to follow your painters instructions since he is the one warrantying your paint job. :dunno:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960