Boost Gauge

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you do a boost gauge with Roes supercharger? If so, how?

Do you tap into the tube going to the Vec2?

Keith

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what Sean said in previous posts, the gauge should read 5 psi at all rpms. He didn't seem to see the point in it with his style of blower if I recall.

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that makes sense and I was kind of thinking that.

They look so cool though. After all the hard work I want to leave my hood off so people will know:)

thanks for the reply

Keith

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have an autometer which matches the factory white on the gauges. The bezel had to be painted black as it comes silver. Macedo placed it on the steering column, it looks stock, however I don't look at it much when my spine is being straightened by the boost.

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an autometer which matches the factory white on the gauges. The bezel had to be painted black as it comes silver. Macedo placed it on the steering column, it looks stock, however I don't look at it much when my spine is being straightened by the boost.

Fuelman... Does it pretty much stay the same (like 5 lbs) if you have a 5 lb pulley?) as mentioned above.

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some one pm me an e mail address i have a photo i want to put on the site of my gauge panel

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

John,

I actually had the bezels polished to match the factory gauge bezels. It's the little things that count ;)

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some one pm me an e mail address i have a photo i want to put on the site of my gauge panel

I've seen pictures of Jeff's Gauge installation..It looks awesome :eek: !
I'm going to post some pics of his set up later this week. His whole car is SICK ! One of the sweetest GTS's on the road.

Cheers

Jeff

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autometer sells a pressure transducer that will attach to the schrader valve (fuel pressure adapter) on the Roe fuel rail.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Larry, can you give me a contact for "Autometer" please? And, also any part number for the pressure transducer that will attach to the schrader valve, as I'd like to fit a fuel pressure gauge to here. Thanks, from overseas!

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Larry, can you give me a contact for "Autometer" please? And, also any part number for the pressure transducer that will attach to the schrader valve, as I'd like to fit a fuel pressure gauge to here. Thanks, from overseas!

Hello Nadine,

The Autometer 2-1/16" Phantom Fuel Pressure Gauge, Part #5763, includes the transducer.

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry. I am probably doing this. Whats the difference betweem
ATM-5763 and ATM-5712. They both have the same description . . . Does one have a transducer and the other doesnt? I noticed one is about 3 times the $$$ :)

Keith

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you will find that even with a roots blower the boost will not be constant. Obviously it will be less when you are not at WOT; similarly, it will change depending on the volumetric efficiency of the engine at various RPMs. Whether that's interesting to you or not is a different question.

Of course, just having a boost gauge with a positive reading in a Viper is interesting enough for most of us :)

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Larry and Sapphire for the info.

I totally agree with Ben for what he says about a boost gauge.
Here's mine! It was a small pressure gauge from a shop compressor (thanks Joel) that I fitted quick for fun so I could 'watch' as well as feel the boost! It shows no vacuum, and trouble is with most boost gauges they are for upto often 30 psi so the standard Roe 5 psi sees the needle wavering on the low end scale of the gauge, oh well guess the boost could always be increased! (Note UK export speedo only goes to 180 mph! How will I ever know if I make 200 mph?)
370boost_guage-med.jpg

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The $189 autometer fuel gauges are stepper motor gauges. The cheaper ones are mechanical and have to be mounted outside the passenger compartment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960