Borla catback ->

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered two new Borla stainless catbacks (the ones with the viper etching on the outlets). Called my local so called five star dealer here in Charlotte, NC and they quoted they would need my car for 2-3 days to install them. Say what!! I am not willing to leave my car there for two days from what I hear is a two-three hour job. They said the rocker panels had to be removed, etc, etc. Is this true???? Any other recommended shops/indivduals in the Charlotte area would be appreciated as I refused to go to the dealer for anything except maybe warranty work. Sorry, I am used to much better dealer service with other makes.

Kits should be here in about a week (had to buy two to get them at cost from a friend of a friend who is a distributor). I do not need two so the extra kit is available at my cost ($750+ ship or just pickup).

Hope to hear your recommendations.

ARTHUR. . .

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes,the side sills need to be removed but it is a simple 2/3 hours job from start to finish.

What you could do is remove the sills yourself (will tell you how to do it if you want) and drive your car to a mufler shop,they can do it in 1.5 hours when you wait and like that you can see how it is done.

The hardest part in removing the sills is to remove the black plastic plugs just underneath the doors on the sills.

Luc.
00GTS

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you a VCA member? We have several places that could help - some close to Charlotte others not. Let me know.

If you are not a member JOIN!!!!

OP
OP
A

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, my extra system is sold. Let me know (by email) who all be interested and maybe can try to do a group purchase.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Artman,

Never, never, never go back to that Dealer. They are not honest, and are trying to rip you off. To remove the side sills takes about 10 minutes a side. You just have to remove approx. 10 bolts/screws and it will slide right off. This is the type of bullsh*t that p*sses me off. Most Dealers are just professional con artist. A good muffler shop could do the entire job in 1.5 to 3 hours, at the most. Get the exhaust done at a muffler shop, and take the car to a VCA recommended Dealer for any other services.

Good Luck.

P.S. - If you do a search on side sills, there are many posts on how to remove them. Very, very easy.