Bought New 2002 RT/10 in Yellow 2 weeks ago....still grinnin!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been in a Viper quest for quite some time now. First I had to decide between RT/10 or GTS. Then I had to pick color. (hopefully the picture by my member name answers which direction I went) I actually didn't plan on buying a new one originally. I leave in Frederick, Maryland and was on my way to Deleware to look at 3 used Viper's. All RT/10's. They had an 01 yellow, 01 Saphire blue, and an 02 Red. I happen to stumble across a new one at a dealership in Towson, which was on my way to Deleware. I thought it might be nice to look at a new one to compare the condition of the used ones.

From the older vipers I had looked at: 92-96, I noticed there were several flaws in the build quality especially in the paint. Mostly located in the rear of cars near the trunk area. I specifically noticed "bubbling" below the paint, and alot of "fish eyes". None of them had typical signs of paint work. And I could remember reading something about this a few years ago.

Anyway, the 7 year/70,000 mile warranty that came with my car was ultimately the deciding factor for me, and I fell in love with Viper Racing Yellow. Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for their participation in this forum. I spent many hours reveiwing posts so that I may educate myself about these vehicles. There is still plenty more for me to learn, however.

I am really impressed at the ride quality and how easy these car to drive, given their abilities on the road and race track.

Aside from having to "dodge" (pardon the pun) a large peice of tire that had shredded off a tractor trailer and was coming straight towards me, in the first mile of driving no less, my driving experience has been uneventfull

I do have one question that has been driving me crazy....there are two vent like openings in the dash. One is under the steering wheel, the other under the air bag on the passanger side. I have included a picture of the opeing on the passenger side. These openings look unfinished to me, my guess is that there should be some type of cover. The dealer knew nothing about it, as usual, I already knew more about the car than they did. Could someone please shed some light on this for me?

Thank you,

John

Reaction score
305IM000062-med.JPG

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they suppose to be exposed and unfinished? They didn't put a little plastic vent hole cover?

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now, see, this is something I had yet to hear about even after all this time on the Viper forum. It's wonderful. VCA rocks!

You must be registered for see images

S

SUN RA KAT

I could make a comment about this being another YELLOW thread, but I won't. :smirk:

Congrats on getting Viperized. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960