Brake Caliper Paint

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find the nearest Powder Coating company near you. Paint will look like crap.

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, high gloss rustoleum (brushed on) works really well

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep in mind exhilr8n, if you powder coat that requires you to disassemble the calipers, buy a rebuild kit and bleed the system.....the rustoleum paint may be easier......
I did mine on my C5 and that was the procedure. I'm not sure if there is a easier way, if so i'm all ears

OP
OP
E

EXHLR8N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
418viper and Ulllose,
Does the rustoleum paint hold up from wash to wash? Do you need to touch it up periodically? Have you done any track days with it, and does it hold up?

There is a ceramic paint kit by Dupli-Color? It is under $30 and claims to hold up under heat. Has anyone heard of it or had any experience?

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a kit for this purpose called folia tec from one of the many corvette suppliers a few years ago (3-4). It was a two part paint, epoxy I think, and a can of spray cleaner. It was very thick but as it dried it smoothed out like spray. It came in several colors, and I would really recommend it. I drove the car (C-5) three more years and 25000 miles and it still looked new. didn't have to take any thing apart, except wheels off. You might check corvette mikes or west coast vettes.

Fastrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found a company that will powder coat them and put the Viper logo on it for $450.00 The problem is I cannot fing the guy any more. He was advertising on ebay. He also offered to send out a completed set for a $400.00 deposit I will keep looking and post the company info as soon as I find it.

shortybighead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used G2 caliper paint several times and I have never been disappointed. When I had my 03' I painted the calipers, and then put on the Viper logo stickers. One of my vehicles had about 30k on the calipers and they still looked brand spanking new! One tip, don't wait too long between each caliper when you are painting them or it will gum up. I stopped after the third one and ate lunch, when I came back to finish up, it was useless, so I ordered another one. I think the last two kits, I got off of ebay for like $40. Good Luck!

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VHT high temp engine paint.

I have used it before on a few cars and it help up real well.

If you track it and get the brakes real hot, I am sure it will not hold up.

Street driven, no problem.

Less than $10 a can too.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had these guys do the calipers on my Lamborghini Murcielago...they came out perfect! Really nice people to work with and fast turnaround times. They even use a silk screen for the logos...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang