Brake Covers available for Gen 1/2 rear calipers!!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm taking advantage of my Site Sponsorship periodic allowance for a sales job, so here goes!

:bling:1992-2000 model year Vipers with non-ABS rear calipers can now add a little bling:bling:

close2.jpg

Now you can dress up your ugly duckling rear brakes to match the fronts and install it in just a few minutes. Installation instructions and more pictures are here: Brake Covers

Supplier section and more discussion here: http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...e-covers-available-gen-1-2-rear-calipers.html

They fit over OEM rear calipers or 40mm calipers. $55/pair plus $5 shipping or only $45 with purchase of 40mm brakes (and shipping is then included. )

More 40mm brake info is here: 40mmBrakes Home

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neat idea. I would like to see a few pics of them on the car behind the wheels. Thanks.

You're killing me. My car has 94,000 mile-old green paint that nobody likes, the three-spoke wheels covered with brake dust, dented sills ... and snow coming. But it's on my to-do list.

IM000249a.jpg

Here's an accidental picture... er... teaser until I get some better ones. While fooling around with brake caliper ideas, in these pictures I ended up with the '95 model year RT/10 logo on the front, Viper in solid letters on the back.

The covers now for sale are the double line Viper font, as on most of the OEM front calipers.

IM000250a.JPG

If you go to the media gallery you can see larger versions of these pictures. I labeled them with the words "brake covers" if that helps search for them.

Where are all those covers I sold last year? Pics! Show your pics!

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the same thing I picked up a few years back. I did mine in red about 2-3 years ago they still look new. It looks a lot better than stock. Very easy to install.

attachment.php

Last edited:

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just ordered a set. judging all the brake dust on your rear rims it appears your 40mm brakes work pretty good as well...

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take it that the paint is glossy smooth...and that it is only the reflection of the towel that makes it look like a pebble finish?

I'm taking advantage of my Site Sponsorship periodic allowance for a sales job, so here goes!

:bling:1992-2000 model year Vipers with non-ABS rear calipers can now add a little bling:bling:

close2.jpg

Now you can dress up your ugly duckling rear brakes to match the fronts and install it in just a few minutes. Installation instructions and more pictures are here: Brake Covers

Supplier section and more discussion here: http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...e-covers-available-gen-1-2-rear-calipers.html

They fit over OEM rear calipers or 40mm calipers. $55/pair plus $5 shipping or only $45 with purchase of 40mm brakes (and shipping is then included. )

More 40mm brake info is here: 40mmBrakes Home

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Tom
Ok, I did a search... and it looks like I definitely need to get the hot set-up.. your excellent rear calipers also. I should have done this before I flat-spotted my left front tire ...thump thump:mad:

When you say shipping is included with purchase of calipers...do you mean shipping is free for everything...or just pay the shipping for the calipers and that there is no extra shipping cost of the covers?

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Tom
Ok, I did a search... and it looks like I definitely need to get the hot set-up.. your excellent rear calipers also. I should have done this before I flat-spotted my left front tire ...thump thump:mad:

When you say shipping is included with purchase of calipers...do you mean shipping is free for everything...or just pay the shipping for the calipers and that there is no extra shipping cost of the covers?

Yes, I meant the brake covers will be shipped with the calipers. Everything fits in a USPS flat rate box (up to 70 lbs same cost) for $10.35 I add $700 insurance which brings it to about $18, then only charge you $15 anyway.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All these years and you still haven't come up for anything for the ABS guys....

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'll look at ABS calipers. I need someone to send me a brake pad from a 2001 or 2002 - I have the ABS caliper already. PM me if you have an old, used one you don't want.

Red - again, PM me and I'll keep a list. If we do red, it'll probably be just to the number of requests.

Last edited:

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're killing me. My car has 94,000 mile-old green paint that nobody likes, the three-spoke wheels covered with brake dust, dented sills ... and snow coming. But it's on my to-do list.

IM000249a.jpg

Here's an accidental picture... er... teaser until I get some better ones. While fooling around with brake caliper ideas, in these pictures I ended up with the '95 model year RT/10 logo on the front, Viper in solid letters on the back.

The covers now for sale are the double line Viper font, as on most of the OEM front calipers.

IM000250a.JPG

If you go to the media gallery you can see larger versions of these pictures. I labeled them with the words "brake covers" if that helps search for them.

Where are all those covers I sold last year? Pics! Show your pics!

Is that what people mean when they say their wheels have been powder coated?:)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man... All these pictures of beat scratched dull and dusty wheels makes me realize what a poser I am. I'll spend an hour detailing if need be before I take a pic and show someone.

Still a nice product Tom. Got any that say Texas on them?

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I know you have Big Brakes, they are beautiful, and Dave and I have had conversations about whether bling or stopping was more important. (the shirt color should give away who is who.)

sIMG_1261_1_.jpg

I someone really wanted to, they purchase the covers and decorate the un-lettered backside which is also painted black, and put whatever suits you on it. Or repaint the entire cover... just so you know, I offered custom covers for a while, but the elves said they were too time consuming.

186IM000195.JPG

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom these look very nice, gosh didn't realise you were going all bling :smirk: maybe I should too (?) but I've always been quite proud of doing your 40mm rear piston upgrade and showing off my stock weany calipers; yet, I could out-brake (as in not front lock up) a 5k fancy upgrade done overhere ages ago... because the brakes weren't matched!! Now they've gone ABS to avoid lock up / tire flat spots. BTW I always liked the '95 green, not unlike the British racing Green :D what pads are you using...PFs all round for me. Keep it dirty...

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nadine, good to hear from you. If you get to the Viper gathering this weekend, Nigel will have some of the brake covers to look at. I was forced into bling - have to blame Big Brake Dave. I guess this is one case where you agree size doesn't matter!

My pads are Brakeman #3, which are painted green on the metal side, of course. And they certainly do keep the wheels dirty!

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tom, I have ordered a set via Nigel, which I will be collecting on Sunday, but would definitely have gone red had it been an option as I have red calipers up front... Put me down for a set should you decide to do them in the future.

Cheers! :2tu: Dave

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang