Brake Pad Poll What do you like?

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the rims of to get my new Khumos mounted & my stock pads are about wore out @ 38k miles! Hard to believe that they are still on there. No longer tracking the car except at the Drag Strip.

What are you running?
Is anyone mixing compounds to balance out the front lock up bias, more aggressive in the rear?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Carbotech has a number of compounds to work for specific bias needs and the dust created by them is NON corrosive unlike the others. I have been using and selling them and think they are the best.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, i am curious why you chose the Greens over the Reds?

EBC says "For heavier faster cars and vehicles above 200bhp we strongly recommend Redstuff which DOES offer much less dust" i wander why this is their recommendation?

When chosing street pads, i was between the Reds & the HawkHPS. I think i went with the reds since they were cheaper. Next time i'll prob try the Hawks. I have briefly locked the wheels up on all the track/autocross/street, so the Reds are def agressive enough for me, however i would like to try something with more of an initial bite which the reds are lacking.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pdmracing, def blead your fluid while the wheels are off and your swapping pads:2tu:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone mixing compounds to balance out the front lock up bias, more aggressive in the rear?

Aaack. There is a right way to balance brakes and not have to guess which compound out back should go with another compound up front for a certain type of service. By the time you make 3 wrong guesses on brake pads, you have already spent more, too.

Brakeman#3. I love dust.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaack. There is a right way to balance brakes and not have to guess which compound out back should go with another compound up front for a certain type of service. By the time you make 3 wrong guesses on brake pads, you have already spent more, too.

Brakeman#3. I love dust.

DITTO!

street--->track, they work:2tu:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, how would you charachterize the initial bite on those Carbotechs?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, i am curious why you chose the Greens over the Reds?

It has been several years and companies change compounds but when I tried reds oddly they never stopped as well as greens. As I recall they needed a little more heat to have the stopping power (if you can even use that phrase regarding EBC) of the green. Maybe the reds are better nowadays.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok that makes sense. I remember when i was researching earlier this year for some street pads seeing a few comments about making sure to get the latest EBC compound as they changed to some better stuff a few years ago and some places still had old stock. shouldnt be a prob by now though.

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spoke with the EBC guys at their booth at SEMA last year. When I asked how frequently they change their formulations (specifically for redstuff brakes). They laughed and said they changed the formulation almost monthly. I was surprised, but they said they are constantly working with new materials in different combinations. They said that not only are today's redstuff brakes different than a few years ago, they are different than 6 months ago. Don't know if it is true, but it's what they said.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brakeman #3 and Dave's 40mm upgrade and some goggles to catch your eyes when you clamp down on the brakes!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok that makes sense. I remember when i was researching earlier this year for some street pads seeing a few comments about making sure to get the latest EBC compound as they changed to some better stuff a few years ago and some places still had old stock. shouldnt be a prob by now though.

That said I would never track EBC. Never.

HPmopars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I switched to Hawk HPS's from the stock pads about three months ago and love them.:2tu: Way way less brake dust and no more annoying squeeling.:D I mostly just drive for pleasure, not tracked.:drive: I also changed brake fluid at same time to motul. Brake firmness is much better.:)

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brakes are a bit bigger than all of yours, but I'll chime in anyway.
FRONT: Centric Posi-Quiet D1085
REAR: Centric Posi-Quiet D702

The OEM pads for the trucks are BRUTAL for any kind of street driving. They are certainly formulated for track use, and give off enough dust to prove it.

I gave up a little stopping power going with the Centric pads, but it was necessary for this daily driver.

korina

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brakeman 3s or Pagid blacks. I use a fresh set every event and fresh fluid.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hawk HPS. Great for the street in my opinion. No squeal and virtually no dust. Stopping is adequate. Better than the EBC greens I had on before.