Brakeman 3 pads versus EBC Blues

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of you track boys have reccomended I use EBC Blue pads versus the Brakeman 3's that I've purchased because they are 'less agressive' on rotor wear. Since I have 2 piece Stoptech rotors I'm concerned about having a great pad but burning up a set of high dollar rotors.

What do you that street and track your cars reccomend?

Thanks

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been using brakeman #3 on the rear for the last 2 seasons. Same rotors, still look almost new.--Many sets of pads (sometimes change them in the pits, or the motel parking lot) I used to use BM#3 all the way around, but found that Mintex on the front/BM#3 rear is a better combo for late braking at high speed. Mintex are way more aggressive on the rotors. ------any killer track pads that stop well, are gonna SQUEAL UGLY! If that's any concern, stay away from the Brakeman's, get the EBC's (I used EBC yellow for a while....they were ok...not great...less noisy)..but to answer your original question, no--Brakeman #3's won't destroy your rotors.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Also should note that Sal is talking about the EBC Blue NDX Pads- they are newer than the old Blue pads, and have substantially better cold performance.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification Dan.

When I got the car with 10,000 miles the Brembo Pads were 50% GONE, glazed and severly cracked and the rotors needed turning.

I installed Weaver Gold which cost me $12 per set after a $20 rebate. Fast forward 3 years and 5,000 miles. The rotors are like new. The pads are worn about 15-20% and look new. No cracking, no glazing and I have beat the hell out of the brakes with my style of late braking. Bottom line is if someone wants a great street pad I would reccomend the Weaver Gold and ignore most of the bull**** that gets thrown around about how this one is better than that one. I hope I have the same luck with my $500 Brakeman 3's that I did with my $24 Weavers.

By the way whoever put that Gen 5 photo at the top of the page, it looks like crap. I'd try to find a more flattering photo. That one doesn't make it IMHO.

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use Brakeman on my American Sedan car...omg they last and last and the rotors look great. A competitor in my class with brembos would burn through his pads in 2 weekends. I ran my whole championship winning season (15 races) on the same rotors and pads...even set a track record with them. Brakeman all the way. Ducting is everything in brake/rotor wear....keep them cool.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you.

I use Brakeman on my American Sedan car...omg they last and last and the rotors look great. A competitor in my class with brembos would burn through his pads in 2 weekends. I ran my whole championship winning season (15 races) on the same rotors and pads...even set a track record with them. Brakeman all the way. Ducting is everything in brake/rotor wear....keep them cool.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456