Brand new heat releasing hood design

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
Well its finally finished,just needs paint.We as well as most viper owners are concerned about reducing under hood temps.Well we have not only accomplished that,we have given it a unique look.Trust me when i say pictures do no justice.The best part is that we have designed and built a hood that uses OEM mounting and hinge and latch system,it is double shelled as the factory hood,18lbs lighter and actually stronger than the factory composite hood.all louvers are actually built in to the hood, NO SEAMS and the louvers on the outer shell are replicated in the inner shell making a grand total of 52 heat releasing louvers,these are the same style louvers as on the SRT10 and Comp coupe.And the best part is its affordable.Please email or call me if you have questions

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: HOOD

Lighter? Stronger? Heat-reducing? ****, man, way to do it!

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think it would look awesome ALL BLACK!
My future plans include a hood with more louvers.

CoryMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is that why you have been driving around with no hood? :) My friend that works at Lowe's said a blue w/ white stripes Viper came up there with no hood and a "chromed out engine bay." I'm assuming there aren't too many blue and white Vipers around the Brandon area that fit that description.

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BUSTED!!!that would be me :shocked: we have two hoods built at this point, mine will go in the paint shop this weekend to give it the proper justice it deserves.also if anyone is interested my factory hood is for sale.of course it will cost more than our new hood.What is really unique is when you open the hood the look of the inner shell and outer shell along with better designed supports louvers takes your breath away. If anyone is interested i can post pics of the moulds to get a true appreciation of the work, design and attention to detail and strength that went into this.There is no hood pad as it is not needed with no trapped engine compartment heat to worry about,plus i would not want to cover the aggressive look and beautifull craftmanship.As i said before pictures do it no justice,we stayed with the factory lines and curves,we just added the louvers and they are moulded in to perfection,we have also moulded in the NACA duct,no more worrys about cleaning wax or dirt out of that impossible to get to groove.Ok sales pitch over.will be posting painted/striped pics soon.........Scott

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I want to see more pics, for sure! Need you even ask? *grin*

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks great!! That's an engineering feat to design a new hood with the complexity and strength required of the Viper hood. :cool:

Please post a pic from the front. :eek:

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The hood will be very aggressively priced at $4500 introductory offer....less than the cost of a used hood.This price will be just to get some on the street at first as this has been a very expensive and time consuming undertaking.This hood will install as fast as the factory hood,we have installed all of the factory hardware for perfect retrofit.The cars that will benefit the most will be the supercharged and twinn turbo cars that generate gobs of heat,and of course the "POSERS"Next chance you get look at the escape route for the heat on the existing hood:2 side louvers sandwiched between the fenderwells. It will also be available in a single shell for the pure racers that will not use factory hardware,$2900.Sorry for not putting better pictures on tonight,my wife is the computer expert and will post all angle pics tommorow

Hoop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heat Releasing Hood

Are you selling these hoods? Do you have a website I could look at? What's the price? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc