Break-in: RPM vs MPH

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone, here it is, yet another break in question. I've read lots of posts about the break-in procedure, but wondered how important is the recommended top speed (70mph) versus the commandments about engine RPMs. I am likely going to be driving a new Viper about 850 miles and 70mph is going to be a total drag!!!

Thanks for the advice.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chris,I think the rpm would be the worry....not the mph. Have you got a car located ? Is the zo6 gone? Are you signing up for VOI if you have found a car?

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right. I would think that the engine rpm and the "load" you put or don't put on the engine itself is the important thing. The speed of the car isn't the key thing. As many, many posts have indicated, the important thing is to cool it when the car is new and just vary the rpms a bit and hold it down to a reasonable limit. You will be rewarded later on if you can be a bit patient. Enjoy your trip! Pete the XGG

OP
OP
C

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, I've got a Viper located and a buyer for the Z06 and we are moving toward finalizing both deals from the financial side. I am pretty sure it will all work out, and I'll post something once the deal is final. ETA for the snake is 9/21, with me traveling a long way to get it!
I didn't want to make a huge deal out of it until it was final, but it's coming soon and I am totally excited!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960