Brief SRT-10 segment on Motor Trend TV show

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw it too. Did show the car smoking tires a little bit a couple times. Could have been burning oil, but like to think it was rubber. You know, the car looks better with the top up -- an indication of just how good the coupe will look, if and when.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, too, set my ultimateTV to record all things viper (copying a former poster) and my whole family watched this segment closely.

Best quote:

"This viper, with 50 more horsepower, should easily have stronger accelleration than the previous viper, which was already pretty fast"

Pretty fast? The viper is THE fastest accelerating mass-produced American sports car for 10 years running, fending off all comers, and they say it was pretty fast.

Now that's the understatement of the year.

This after calling the NSX a supercar on the same show, with it's amazing 290 HP and 280 ft./lbs.

You know, with short enough gearing, almost any car can out accelerate a viper for SOME stretch of road. It's just that quarter-mile that seems to be such a problem for every other auto maker to win.

Pretty fast. Ha. I, even I, with my short-bus driving skills, have taken out a Z06. Look, I don't mind admitting my stock car is slower than some other stock car, when it actually ever happens. Bragging rights are nice, but hey, I just love my car! I'm happy to admit that the Z06 may win more than half of the 0-60 contests, but after 60, I can change lanes into his lane in front of him safely in about 5 seconds. You tell ME which car is faster.

I give props to the Z06 for winning the 0-60 title in most mags--very cool. If the SRT-10 does anything good, perhaps it can reclaim the title, but don't give me "pretty fast"...it's the fastest period in the 1320. Uh, still. Motor trend? You listening?