Broke it out of winter storage today.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My black 2000 RT/10 may be 12 yrs old now and I have had it for almost 8 of those years but when I start Christine up, I am still amazed at what a wild ride she is. Time has produced some fast and hot cars since 2000 but the Gen II still is over the top hot in styling and the torque of the 488 will always intoxicate me. My 2000 has no nannies (not even ABS) making her more reliable and easier to work on so the long expired warranty is not a concern. If I ever get a Gen V, it will have to be in addition to my first love, Christine, who is staying till death do us part.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
ME TOO...got our 95 black RT/10 out of storage this week. It IS a basic Viper...and a BLAST to drive !!!

OP
OP
VENOMAHOLIC

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ME TOO...got our 95 black RT/10 out of storage this week. It IS a basic Viper...and a BLAST to drive !!!

The first Viper I drove was a rental in Las Vegas. It was a yellow 95. I just had to try one out to see if it was worth actually pulling the trigger on a purchase. That is my favorite car moment till I bought one. I had the 95 for 100 miles of driving and I don't think I ever stopped grinning from ear to ear. When I hit the gas in Red Rock Canyon, I laughed like a hyena. I couldn't stop looking at it and the fact that the sidepipes burned my ankles made the experience even more real for me. I hope you have a great season Steve.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waaayyyyy sold on the no nannies basic viper. My old car has few new miles too... :D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, the Gen IVs are terrific cars but there's something to be said for the basic mess-with-yourself-in-the-garage Gen I/II cars!