Broken differential stabilizer. :(

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering if anything like that had happen to anyone else? I downshifted 3-2 with the perfect rev match and this happens:
Any idea where to find a replacement?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy Crap Batman!
What where you doing!?! Once again, this may or may not be related to what I discovered. Last year, I found nearly every bolt that holds the diff on my GTS to be under torqued by as much as 50ft/lbs. I had to retorque everything last fall because I heard a clunk when letting off. After retorquing, the clunk disappeared. I could see this causing Diff failures. Your GEN1 is setup differently though, as the GEN2 does not have the ladder torque bar, but mounts to a brace above the diff which is attach to the frame. I believe that's why my GTS has way less wheel hop than my GEN1.

Don Sharf Automotive will have a used ladder bar in stock for cheap. You would think the aluminum housing would have cracked open before that steel tubing would snap like that! At least it will be a cheap and quick fix.

Last edited:
OP
OP

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will check the bolts, Thanks. Just ordered a new ladder bar from Chrysler in Milwaukee I believe, $300. Glad that the diff didn't crack as the result. Was at the track a week before, and glad it held up. And I was on the way to the track again when this happened. It only took a couple of more low speed downshifts for it to bust.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21