Build Numbers SRT-10s 2003-2006

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but I here are the build numbers along with some other Viper stats.

SEMA Research and Information Center reports the following sales numbers for the Viper: 2006 (January through November) = 1,387; 2005 = 1,652; 2004 = 1,782; 2003 = 2,103; 2002 = 1,511; 2001 = 1,388.

News and Notes from Foresight Research 2005 Specialty and High Image Vehicle Study:

The buyers of specialty vehicles are sensitive to change and aware of new product renewals. The Dodge Viper (although remaining strong) shows a deterioration in consumer perception of road handling/power because there have been no significant new product changes lately.
95% of Viper owners are males between the age of 25 and 64.

Viper owners place significantly more importance on unique styling, horsepower and acceleration and much less emphasis on technical innovation, luxury appointments and value.

Suggested Vehicle Modifications to Improve Satisfaction:

* Add navigation – 17.5%
* Reduce engine heat – 15.0%
* Improve audio – 12.5%
* Add features – 12.5%

One in four owners (26%) modify their Viper. The single biggest upgrade category is modifying exhaust, followed by engine upgrades, engine computer chips, exterior (appearance parts) and turbo or superchargers.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool stats. 2006 is THE lowest number of vipers produced of all those years.. I like it !

The post states that the numbers are sales numbers not production numbers.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
cool stats. 2006 is THE lowest number of vipers produced of all those years.. I like it !

The post states that the numbers are sales numbers not production numbers.

BINGO.. DONT BE CONFUSED. BUILD does not = SOLD.

When units remain unsold at year end, a false-low figure results. Lots of 2006 SRT10 roadsters need homes........they will sell in 2007.

PROOFS: Actual BUILD figures for all 2002 models: 1463 US and CAN (no BUX)
Sales figures of Vipers (reported above) in 2002: 1511.
Actual Build figs for 2001: 1978. Sales Figs above? 1388 !
The answer: 2001s sold in 2002. The 1388 figure is artificailly low.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep;

But it does appear very probable as though 2006 was the lowest production # year of the current GEN IIIs. Guess that really told DCX something, like get off your A$$E$.

I would be very interested to know how many 06' Coupes were made. How long does it take DCX or whoever to release this information on #s, #'s with each option, etc?

As this is my first Viper (my 06' Coupe), does DCX issue a yearly certificate saying your car is # X of XX with these options or anything, similar to a MARTI Report for old Mustangs? Does the VCA? Dunno?

Rick

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...from the figures, all Vipers are rare....
:cool:

...several years ago, I went to CAAP with the Ohio VCA and we had a special meeting with the plant manager(can't remember her name) about things we would like to see changed on the SRT10....some wanted cruise(wouldn't mind that one myself sometimes) etc etc....when the discussion came around to me, I asked for "more colors"....she quickly snapped back at me, "we have red, black and silver"....my answer to her was "had em all"...I had a pair of SRT10s (red/black) at that time and I told her I didn't want to keep buying new Vipers that looked exactly like the old ones...the big reason I purchased my latest Viper Coupe is because it was a color combo I have never owned yet(white/blue)...

...I know she didn't listen to me, or at least me only, but it is interesting that the color selection is finally growing so these cars can be personalized even more...

the Viper, all Vipers, is as perfect as it can get in my book, maybe more HP, more colors and save the gizmos for the Vettes.... I have yet to own one I didn't like........I hope DC increases sales on the Viper to guarantee we all will be able to purchase a new 2020 model

...I would purchase an orange SRT10 (real orange)with tan interion/top....

...I would purchase an "Inferno Red" silver striped coupe...silver gray interior....

...just keep giving us selection and the previous owners will buy again and again....they will always be rare, coveted, and the best car for the $$$ on earth....

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's fuzzy math......PRODUCTION numbers are what count for their respective year.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
........ it does appear very probable as though 2006 was the lowest production # year of the current GEN IIIs........ How long does it take DCX or whoever to release this information on #s, #'s with each option, etc?

As this is my first Viper (my 06' Coupe), does DCX issue a yearly certificate saying your car is # X of XX with these options or anything, similar to a MARTI Report for old Mustangs? Rick

The 'production' year just ended last week, but in actuality the plant has been shut down for several MONTHS...and Some cars may still be on the line, begun and not complete. BEGIN date = MY, not completion date. So final numbers are NOT ready. They guy who was 'responsible' the past many years to provide CAAP data to VCA retired at the closure. Dunno who will help now, but SRT Engineers Forum promised figures 'soon after year end'.

Due to the low-demand for roadsters, and the early CAAP shutdown, 06 numbers indeed WILL be low, despote the higher-demand COUPE. [We can BLAME OURSELVES for the low demand.....the HYPE of the NEXT BEST THING helped lower demand and stagnated sales.] In my opinion, the 'new car' is just a nice new motor... a mild evolution.

Dodge has never povided build-sheet stats on a per-car basis for Vipers. Too bad. They have better data on their old muscle-cars!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't believe these are stats for build but stats for sales. 2006 should go down as the lowest built per model, since we had two variations for the year.

We should be getting full official numbers in the near future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang