Replacement Key and Fobs for an 04 Viper

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am picking up my new to me 2004 mamba edition viper in a couple days and it only comes with one key and one fob. I didn't review the key/fob too much when I was test driving the car but I believe they felt pretty much like any dodge product of the period. I have read the programming information for the Key fob and that shouldn't be an issue and I expect the keys do not have any chips inside them that need to be programmed to the ignition (sounds like the fob is what enables/disables the engine immobilizer).

Does anyone have a part number for the correct key blanks and fobs that I can order (price depending I may order and program a couple sets to have). I know with some of my other older vehicles (08 ram 2500) I was able to purchase a flip out style key that had the fob in the key instead of having a key and fob in two parts.

Just curious if my understanding of the system is correct and if anyone has an recommendations for other possible key options that look a little nicer.

Thanks all and have spent a ton of time researching and reading up on these forums

OP
OP
E

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Im curious if maybe there is a compatible option with the fob and key in one piece? Ill do some more research and will most likely order a couple of the blank keys you listed above.

Thanks

macombtwp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found these on ebay a few years ago for my 2003. Just insert the guts from your original key fob. I had the key cut at my local ACE Hardware store.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
E

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks I ordered a couple of those. I will order a couple of the standard keys and fobs as well incase these dont work out.

Thanks

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I do kind of like the smaller form factor, though the logo on the original key is also kind of fun in its own way.

OP
OP
E

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I ordered two oem fobs and two of the "switchblade" cases posted above from ebay. Ill see if I can have a couple standard dodge keys cut as spares and keep the original key with the logo.

OP
OP
E

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fobs should be able to be programmed by yourself. I think the procedure is in the manual or maybe it was just online. Ive done it on a bunch of older cars. Ive also been able to program some prox. keys on new vehicles with my Autel scanner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21