Central locking / BCM issue

Shackofparts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone, great to be a part of the Viper family ! I have just purchased a 2006 Viper here in the UK last week.
Unfortunately I bought it with some issues that I am currently working through.
But now I have an issue that I don’t seem to be able to resolve.
My problem is that I cannot lock/unlock the car with the central locking buttons in the car or on the key fob. There is also no horn which is strange.
I have attached a picture of the issues that the diagnostic pulled out of the car. Is this an BCM issue or is there a key receiver in the car that I cannot find?
I have tried to reprogram the key fobs with no luck but it seems like a module problem as I have no way of getting the doors to unlock/ lock.

Hopefully you guys can help me with this..

Sean

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpeg
    IMG_0270.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 6

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The horn chirp on lock/unlock is configurable, so I wouldn't worry too much about that one at the moment at least. Also, probably a stupid question, but I know it catches a lot of people when they first get in my car. You are trying to use the switches on the door to lock/unlock things manually, correct? Not the switches on the console by the shifter? I know a lot of people mix them up, but I would guess if you see the window moving you'd figure it out fairly quickly. Also, just because the Viper is a bit odd compared to other cars, how are you confirming the car is locked or unlocked? The door "lock" on the Viper is pretty much entirely software based, it doesn't actually click or move any motors or anything like that, so you will not necessarily hear anything when you lock/unlock the car. The only indication is on the odometer it should say "door lock" when it's active. When locked the outside handles are disabled so you can't open the car (they are electronic switches only), but you will still be able to open the car from the inside. The first portion of travel of the interior handle is a switch similar to the outer handles, but as you keep pulling it engages a safety backup cable to manually open the door latch in case you get stuck in the car with no power. This will bypass the "lock" since all the lock function actually does is disable the electronic switches on the doors.

OP
OP
S

Shackofparts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
Luckily after many hours of investigation the issue it has been resolved!
There is a long electrical connection in the passenger foot fell just below the blower motor. There was some very minor corrosion on a couple of the pins, after cleaning carefully with a nylon brush and connector cleaner the problem has been resolved. Everything is now back to working correctly

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala