Bumblebee 08 nose job update

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1523d1214691285-bumblebee-08-nose-job-update-08hood3.jpg
found a local shop whos owner owns multiple vipers and has done the conversion without feathering. took some time but he was the only one that did the work. picking car up will post more photos

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey pythonpete how are the repairs going on your bumblebee, if you need to repair the hood do the 08 it is simply a knockout look. trying to load more pictures but having hard time. you will love them. thanks B

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear BennyBad,
I hate you.

Sincerely,
Jealous '01 ACR Bumblebee Owner.

:D

(It looks fantastic.)

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennybad, I will hopefully have her back in a couple of weeks although that hood looks A-MAY-ZING!!

The hood is one of the few pieces that was fine, the impact was to the rear. Everything was mostly cosmetic.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, beautiful. You SOB, I thought I was going to be the first '06 Coupe bumblebee 08 hood owner. :lmao:

Mark at Woodhouse has my car for that and other mods. Hopefully it will be done soon. BTW, Mark mentioned that is is A LOT of work to match the yellow on our cars without feathering into the front fenders. Can't wait to see mine. Woodhouse actually added the stripes when the car was new and then re-cleared the car so there's virtually no stripe ridge, can't wait to see the new striped, smooth hood. Take care.

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
while they have it i changed the side emblems to black and the srt to red and got rid of the silver ones(what was dodge thinking) and took them off the rear bumper and it cleans it up real nice. Thanks B

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennybad: Who (shop) did your prep and paint on the 08 hood ? I am considering getting mine done in the fall........

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey art138, he is nearer to you than me .he is located in boca and he owns a white voi and did the 08 hood on it and it looks great. the shop was SuperL auto body and the owners name is george, 561-479-3126. treated my car as if it was his own and took the time and matched the color so if i want to put the stocker back on i have no issues later. thanks Benny

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
while they have it i changed the side emblems to black and the srt to red and got rid of the silver ones(what was dodge thinking) and took them off the rear bumper and it cleans it up real nice. Thanks B

LOL, sister cars..... I did the same thing. The black/red side lettering just makes the yellor car, they should have come that way. And yep, after they originally striped my car and re-cleared the rear panel I asked that those letters be left off.. Much better. IMHO

Did you go with the factory vent grills? I'm undecided at this point.. Any chance for a couple grill close-up pics? Thanks!

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
factory grills and all the weather strip trims. heat pad and deflector for intake
attachment.php

Last edited:

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how this grill mod would look. (upper left ), it would sure upen it up and allow more airflow.. It would take ballz to cut up a $400 set of grills.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldnt modify it due to the fact each one is different and sometimes when you order the complete set you end up with 2 of the same. expensive little pieces of plastic but there plug and play.i feel like i have a new 08 for pennys on the trade in. also first time ever highway cruising in 90 plus heat and the temp gauge was reading at 190. so it does help it run a little cooler on my car on the highway.still getting used to seeing the big grilles while driving. benny

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi, sellshomedrivesviper he got everything i needed from all the components of the hood and the new side emblems and when he had them all in hi hands told me to bring him the car.he also got them cheaper than i could have. the car was kept by itself during the stay at his shop. your vert would look great with it and from owning one the heat would escape upward and away versus coming over the windshield and into the cabin. benny

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I realize each grill is different. I'm undecided on what I'll do. Probably run grill-less for a while then do something. I just removed the connecting bar between the vertical columns of cells with photochop. That would effectively open the grills an additional 9% over stock grills. I just hate the idea of big ass vents then restricting their flow by 30-40 percent.

Take care
John