Burnout Pictures

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My son is looking for some Viper burnout pictures for the cover of his school binder. Anyone have some they can post? Thanks

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
click here
or here
or here

These are all pictures of me in a burnout competition thrown by NOPI and X-Box. ....I won.

You must be registered for see images

How do we link images from our galleries so they pop up rather than just links to the images?

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wayne Finch:
Makara, I hope you won a set of tires. Thanks for the pics

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a new set sitting around ready to put on. With the prize money I mounted the new tires, aligned the car, and put the extra $100 or so towards a Final Edition. Uhhhhhhhh... easy come, easy go.

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This may be somewhat of a stupid question, but:

How exactly do you do a sweet burnout?
I'm not interested, nor can I afford to do one "just for kicks"
but I wouldn't mind having a little fun once I get a new set of tires on the way. . .

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first, put the car in first gear and drop the clutch. use your left foot to brake the car. don't put too much pressure on brake pedal becuase it could burn out your rear brake pads. then quickly shift into second gear.
smile.gif

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was pretty easy. I tilted the steering wheel as high as it could go so I could move my legs quickly without hitting the wheel. Then I put the car in 1st, pushed in the clutch and revved the car to about 2,500 rpm. When I was ready, I dropped the clutch and goosed the throttle a bit, immediately moving my left foot to the brake. The car didn't even move an inch. From then on, I just varied the RPMs a bit. It really doesn't take much gas to smoke those big Michelins.

I have the whole thing on video tape. If someone want's to host it I can digitize it. It's a pretty fun video. That burnout was televised on Fox Sports about a month and a half ago.

The tires started to melt and deform. I think the announcer said they were on fire towards the end.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack. But please tell me that is not a tie down, going around the mirror?? are you kidding? Anyone should be able to do a solid burnout using the ole' side/step method. Why in the world would someone do this?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the best burnout picture i've ever saw in a viper was Paolo's ultimate street car challenge event. I know there is one with a smoke screen a block long but here is an example...

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look to the left of this post, see the avatar? Just a few seconds later you couldn't see the car at all.

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Uh oh... I hope Denny Wagner and GTS Bruce doesn't see this thread. They don't like it when people have fun in their Vipers..... especially if it involves spinning tires, smoke is definately a NO-NO. :nono:

Nice pics guys.

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a proper burnout:

Push in the clutch.
Put the car in 2nd gear.
Hold the brake with your right heel.
Press the gas pedal with the ball of your right foot while holding the brake. Your foot will be pointed to the 2 or 3 o'clock position.
Bring the revs up to about 4k or so.
Quickly, step off the clutch with your left foot. If you do it slowly, you're going to hurt the clutch.
The tires will heat up and start to grab, bogging the engine. So, you have to press on the gas more to keep the revs up.
The car shouldn't move forward and within about 2 seconds you should have a rediculous smoke cloud that can be seen from the Intl Space Station.