Busted for no tag

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got busted today for no front tag. Where can I get a nice detachable tag mount? I have a Mopar bra that has a center cut out for a factory tag mount. Not sure if the detachable mounts will work with a bra.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine from Jon B. Even though I hate having a front plate the piece works great. Thanks Jon.

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
last week i got the same ticket and in Va they cant pull you over just for not having it so the trooper said I was speeding. I think he just wanted to look at my car and needed an excuse to get close. Said I was doing 61 in a 45 but only gave me a ticket for no plate. Time to tape the plate on take a pic take that to court and get the ticket dropped for compliance with law. then wait for the next one to come.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what the law says about the front plate in your state, but in Texas it says "must be displayed". I put my plate inside on the dash up next to the windshield and no more tickets!

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, call JonB and get the clothespin holder. I just pull it out of my trunk and claim that it won't stay on until the dealer can drill the front fascia. Gets me out everytime!

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got pulled over in some state on I-40 (I think Texas) :dunno:even though my plate is Nevada, for no front plate and a video display visable to driver. I was able to explain to the trooper that its not illegal in Nevada. But still found it very annoying to be pulled over at like 1am on a crosscountry trip...... NV to NC in 32hrs non-stop. :drive: FYI NV- MI VOI in 36hrs non-stop with car trailer:D stopping for gas of course just not for sleep.

OP
OP
M

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That ***** Mark. Where did they get you? And was it a state trooper?

They got me between Troutville and Roanoke on ALT 220. The cop was sitting at a weigh station and I had just left a red light and I was a sitting duck with no other cars around. He said if I got the detachable mount before court date, they would throw out the ticket. It was a state trooper. He was a nice guy, but would not give me a break. He told me right off the bat that I was not speeding. I told him that I had 2 other Vipers that did not come with a tag mount and he said that did not matter, I still should have found a way to mount the tag. Maybe VA is starting to crack down. I have been running 2 other Vipers and 1 Vette for years with no tag and suddenly get busted.

Last edited:

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Jeffrey and Robert ...

I had the same exact thing happen to me on I-40 in TX.

I was driving from Vegas to SC when it happened and only a few days prior to VOI 10.

I got nailed with a 300 dollar ticket $200 for the citation and another $100 to have it deferred.

I was pissed but what can I do? Drive from Vegas to sh*tttttty assed northern TX which is about a 20 hour drive to fight it with a redneck judge. NO THANKS.

At least I didn't get any points for it but it ***** that I had to shell out the bux for my first ticket in over 20 years!

Texas DPS = MONEY GRUBB"N ASSHOLES!

Last edited:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it wasn't mentioned already, contact Jon at PartsRack, he has a nice one....I have it on the front of my RT/10 as they don't seem to take kindly to no front tag up here.

Peter

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, call JonB and get the clothespin holder. I just pull it out of my trunk and claim that it won't stay on until the dealer can drill the front fascia. Gets me out everytime!

HEY! You're fibbing about my bracket. They DO stay snapped on, like a clothsepin, lest anyone be confused............."TRACK TESTED at 150mph"

Lee.... Its been so slow lately, you can call Monday ........AFTERNOONS !

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got busted today for no front tag. Where can I get a nice detachable tag mount? I have a Mopar bra that has a center cut out for a factory tag mount. Not sure if the detachable mounts will work with a bra.

Yes, they work fine with a MoPar Bra. Install or remove in 10 seconds, unless you have a broken finger.................then 15 seconds.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't ask how I know this, but no front plate makes an easy shift in attention from the ol' radar gun readout. And no points...

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow I had no idea the ticket here was so much money, I might reconsider chancing it now...

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better paying for a "no front plate" ticket than a speeding ticket (and insurance increase) from a sharp laser return off that only flat, reflective Viper front surface.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better paying for a "no front plate" ticket than a speeding ticket (and insurance increase) from a sharp laser return off that only flat, reflective Viper front surface.

Another good reason to keep the fascia unmolested & the JonB clip in the trunk

thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang