Buttonwillow March 30th and 31st

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many people are going to the open track event at Buttonwillow with the TCCRA (Touring Car Club)on March 30th and 31st??

So far we have Ron w (Socal Rebel), Ken H, Bernard, Ken A. and myself.

ken will be running with the race group on Sunday which should add to some exciting racing. (He's lucky that I am not racing)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Would be great to get some more of us Viper Guys out there.

don't let the Easter Bunny hold you Back!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont own a viper, and i live in LA, but i'll be travelling up near bakersfield sunday anyway.. what type of event is it and do they allow future viper owner spectators??
smile.gif

- eddie -

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:
i dont own a viper, and i live in LA, but i'll be travelling up near bakersfield sunday anyway.. what type of event is it and do they allow future viper owner spectators??
smile.gif

- eddie -

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eddie it's time trials and wheel to wheel racing. For more info go to www.touringcarclub.com spectators are welcome but there is a $10 per person charge at the gate.

OT Challenge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron & John -

Don't forget the NASA-LA event at Buttonwillow on April 6th and 7th if you want to practice the #14CCW config we'll be running on OTC Friday. Should be a FAST and unfamiliar configuration for most folks.

I think you can sign up at both www.open-track.com and www.nasaproracing.com .

BP
--Director, OTC

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just updating...

The weather was great and Touring Car Club put on another great event. The Viper guys were turning some really fast times. I got to ride with Ron Wasserman. Watch out guys, he is really getting good. Better than I was after one year of tracking the Viper.

Well, the race on Sunday was a lot of fun with some worthy competitors. I had to start in the back of the field since I only came out on Sunday and didn't run the qualifying race on Saturday. It was exciting and a challenge, but the leathal Viper venom got me to first place by lap 3 in a field of 20 cars. Then it was cruise control until the finish.

Thanks to John Deering and Ken H. for staying and being my cheering section.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like a blast, sorry i missed it.. im moving up to bakersield in a few months (about 40 minutes from button willow), and i look forward to seeing you guys on the track..

- eddie -

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K Adelberg:

...I got to ride with Ron Wasserman. Watch out guys, he is really getting good.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SoCal Rebel gettin good???
laugh.gif
Just kidding Ron
embarass.gif

It was great to meet you Ken. You drove a good race starting at the back of the field. I think John needs to get a roll cage and give you some competition though. Those 360 Modena's, 911's, Corvettes, etc. just can't cut it. Also glad you didn't damage your car on the off track excursion.

Ken H. did a 2:01 in his Gen I. That's awesome!!!

Of course John was his usual self doing a 1:58 in his Impala SS!!!
laugh.gif

Me, a 2:13... but I had 200 less HP driving my Boxster. Next time I'll take the Viper so I can try to drive with you guys.

Much thanks to Bernard for buying the drinks and making sure we didn't get any sleep Saturday night
dead.gif

All in all a great weekend!!!
BURNOUT.gif

P.S. Cindy was right... they were a bit pissed about my 3-abreast pass on the front straight. This was confirmed by one of my Porsche buddies who is a member. They didn't black flag me though. So John, how many black flags did you get for your passing antics?
laugh.gif

OP
OP
S

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I think I won the black flag award for Saturday and Sunday!!! I received 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday that's 1 for every session I was in.
laugh.gif

OOPS I got another black flag for going off in turn 1.
laugh.gif

It was alot of fun.... could not ask to be out racing with a better bunch of guys oh and GALS(Cindy)!!

Watching Ken race just made me want to even more. I was just visualizing me out there trying to keep up with him. And doing some of the crazy passing he was doing..... inside Lost Hills on the Ferrari YIKES!!! and on the inside of the sweeper against the VETTE.. you gotta have some pretty big B
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
lls for that.

For me....lets seee... I need a roll bar, Rims, slicks, kill switch, arm restraints, Stoptech brakes....can you say..ALOT MORE MONEY!!!!
pissed.gif

Gary Cardiff also came out on Sunday to join us.. after his first session he ran a 2.06 we sat down and discussed what he was doing... and by his second run he got that Modified ACR Viper down to a 1.59.?? What an improvement!!! When he did his time trials he beat my best time by 200's of as second with a blistering 1.58.015 I believe!!! Gary its time to move up to the unlimited class!!!

Anybody going to be at Buttonwillow this weekend?? I will be there Sunday testing out Config # 14 CCW!!!! This should different.

Take Care

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine