Buttonwillow

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Several days ago some members in the Southern California region were talking about going to Buttonwillow in the next 3 weeks. Is there some sort of Viper event going on?

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.greenflagdriving.org/

or

The shelby club is going to be at Laguna on the 15th -- I'll use that as the shake-down trip
biggrin.gif

Eric

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You should try and make the Viper Days event that is coming up there , as this is one super safe track and the competition is getting great. Alot of folks in the West are finding out how great Viper Days is , and the ability to talk to folks from Archer Racing Accessories and Bobby Archer Motorsports just enhances the experience. You can learn more about your Viper in one weekend talking to Paul Mumford, Paul " The Godfather " Schley, Bruce Donaldson, Phil DeLao, and even Mr. Adelberg - if he shows up. There have been tons of newcomers coming of late, so everyone is learning at a similar pace and information and good times shared is a riot. This is a family affair with instruction that is virtually on par with many professional schools and the hot shoes are more than willing to give you the latest hot info.
Go, enjoy the food, bench racing, partying , and the track time, as it is a guarantee you won't be disappointed.

OP
OP
R

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely will be going to the Buttonwillow event as I live in Bakersfield, which is only about 20 min away. I've only been a Viper owner since last May(sold my 911 SC) and have enjoyed reading all the posts from across the country. It is really good to see how an automobile can bring people together to share a common bond. I look forward to meeting new people there at Viper Days and gaining more knowledge about my car.

Jonathan

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I signed up fro the Green Flag group also as a primer to Viper dAys

Question are they running the same configuration as Viper days???

I did not see anything on there website.

Viper Dan::

this would be a good time to get familar with the track we could spend alot of time comparing notes!!!!

Thanks in advance

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

I am going to Buttonwillow with Green Flag next Week.

Green Flag have 3 run groups with passing in designated zones only.
The fastest Group,Green,has usually 1 more passing zone than the other groups.
We will run the track clockwise.
I am taking my new race car (1995 Roush Trans Am Mustang) for the first time and I'm planning,after a few practice sessions,to be way Fassssssster than with my Vintage Mustangs.

See you there,will get there Friday PM.

Luc.00GTS

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John:

SSpeed Racer writes <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Question are they running the same configuration as Viper days???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GreenFlag usually runs the 'whole' track, config 1 in the clockwise direction.
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/

Eric

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got an e-mail from him I did make the suggestion about running config.# 13 instead of 25 maybe with enough input we can change his mind!!!!
biggrin.gif

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days is going to be at Buttonwillow Raceway Feb 16th & 17th. We run 4 run groups in 30 min sessions all day long and we put 16-18 cars on the track at a time. You get 2 quality hours of track time a day with instructors and beginning classroom, intermediate and advanced classroom for everyone. Each run group has there own set of passing rules.

Buttonwillow is a very safe track and we will be running Configuration #13 clockwise with lost hill and the sweeper. You can also find all of this info on our web site http://www.viperdays.com/buttondetails.html

If you think you are signed up for the Buttonwillow event, please e mail me to double. The final details are going out in a mass e mail tomorrow. If you do not get one by tomorrow evening then you are NOT signed up.

Please feel free to call me if you have any questions or comments. 847-594-8477

See you at the track

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang