Buying a short shifter...

J P Jones

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to Vipers with my SRT. Where's the best and cheapest place to purchase a short shifter for the SRT? Thanks in advance.

CaboViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the MGW short shifter. It inproves shifting and also looks great. Installing was a hassle because factory shifter is on extremely tight. Make sure you take off the ring assemble around shifter or you could tear it up.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the shifter is on very tight, but it is extremely easy to remove the nut. Take two wrenches and place one on the shaft and one on the nut. With the other ends about 1-3 inches apart (considering the lefty loosy rule), clamp one hand down on both at the same time. It's a snap.

By the way, when the directions say don't tighten the rings screws too much, there was a reason. One of the nuts on mine was already stripped, and I had to fiddle with it to get it to hold. That was a pain because to get to the nut, I had to take off the ring and all other 5 nuts twice!

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a B & M Ripper shifter on my Vette and it is really nice. Haven't missed a shift in almost 2 years.
Dave