Buying my first VIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. After two years of looking I am finally going for it. I need some opinions so that I may make a better decision. I want to go with a blue and white GTS. There are two that are available in my area. The first is a 97' TNT 555, 14k mi., some wear on the seats and a crack in the center console (not huge), excellent exterior. The second is a 96' with less than 11k mi., stock and all I can say is that it is in perfect condition. Is the TNT package worth the money? Have there been any problems with the TNT? I am worried that the TNT may have some very hard miles on it. Both are the same price.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Make sure you look under the cars.
A local guy bought one "as is" that had a bent frame from a rear end collision, very expensive repairs.

Check the calipers. Is the white "Viper" lettering yellowed? Shows high heat, like hard track use. Not neccessarily a reason to run away, but shows the car has had some hard use. Take your time, look things over carefully. Good luck.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When he returns call Chuck Tator AKA "Viper Wizard"
at Tator's Dodge 914-763-3136
Give him the VIN #'s and let him tell you the
history and some tips and hints.
Ask him about checking under the console
to indicate if the car was ever hit.
Good luck.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The TNT 555 is probably just bolt-ons, which is what many folks do anyway. Look into it first to see exactly what it has on it and if you were planning on modding your new Viper anyway you might as well get one that already has some of your mods done to it.

Personally I would go for the 96. I don't mod much. Exhaust and that's about it.

Ultimately whichever one is the most mechanically sound is the one to get.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. After two years of looking I am finally going for it. I need some opinions so that I may make a better decision. I want to go with a blue and white GTS. There are two that are available in my area. The first is a 97' TNT 555, 14k mi., some wear on the seats and a crack in the center console (not huge), excellent exterior. The second is a 96' with less than 11k mi., stock and all I can say is that it is in perfect condition. Is the TNT package worth the money? Have there been any problems with the TNT? I am worried that the TNT may have some very hard miles on it. Both are the same price.

I'd go with the 96. You can mod it yourself and you'll know exactly what went into it. You said it yourself, "it is in perfect condition." The 97 has wear on the seats, a crack in the center console and possibly hard miles.

Good luck! Post pics when you get it. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery