CAAP delivery?

Mover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I understand this, it is a factory delivery. Any idea who I could check with to see if it is available for Canadian cars? I'm considering a Viper, and would like to know the possibilities ahead of time.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BLkZO6,

Good to hear from another Canadian. Anyways, I'm not sure if the rules have changed but when my dad picked up his 96 GTS he was unable to pick it up at the factory. We did tour the factory but because of exporting issues, he could not drive it accross the border. So here's my advice, Once you have a car ordered phone The factory (someone here can get you the right numbers) and see if you can pick it up at the Minivan Factory in Windsor. That's what my dad had to do, they bring it over by truck and drop it off so if you get one, bring your plates.

Good luck.

Craig

OP
OP
M

Mover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was kind of guessing it would be a problem crossing the border. Any thoughts on who I might talk with to find out if the rules have changed?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
USA-50 cars are allowed to do a CAAP pickup. Canada is not.
In fact, I think a couple states may still be prohibitive for local tax reasons.

[ I was CAAP pickup #1 . . . the rules have gotten MUCH tighter]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper