CAAP open?

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a call today that my car is being delivered Thursday 12/31/09. I thought CAAP would be shut down for the holidays.
Could this be the last of the '09 deliveries? Can anyone find out if there are any more 09's left, or am I getting one of the last deliveries for MY2009.

Thanks,
Joe B

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might ask Herb at the "the Grail Trail"....he has contacts at the Plant....post the question there (you might have to be a member to post there)......

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received my car last Wednesdays the 23rd and it left the plant on the 18th. So who knows I though I would never get it this year also.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's way more complicated than that. CAAP could be closed and your car could have been in the storage/shipping area waiting for a full Reliable truck to head in your direction. If by chance your car is an ACR then it spent time at Prefix, came back to the plant for shipping and actually could have left CAAP for Prefix some time ago.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I bet your car needed stripes or aero?

CAAP / Prefix are finisihing MY 2009s every week. Some bunch of them will be delivered in 2010. Active at CAAP are a small management team, Inspection, and SHIP ROOM, where Reliable picks up the cars. Prefix is very active tho on 2009s....

All that has to happen to make a vehicle a MY 2009 is for the frame to start down the line with a MDH on or before 12/31...... All MY 2009s are framed LONG AGO and "almost complete" at this point.

OP
OP
67PLY

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I was thinking that shipments should just about be done for MY2009. Plus now I can't give the dealer grief over a 2009 car, ordered in Oct 2008, being delivered in 2010!
Thanks,
Joe B