CAAP's future.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday at the Mopar event in Commerce, while talking to some guys with the Dodge display. Word is that CAAP is for sale. Supposedly, it will close next year, and they are trying to sell it, quickly. Just makes me wonder, what the future of the Viper will be after 2009.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do know that they announced that the entire Viper platform is being reviewed for sale, right? My guess is that CAAP figures into that somehow...

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES .... that said ... can't remember which ... but another Dodge plant was supposed to close 5 years ago and it is still open. Sooooo they could sell car and plant, keep plant open longer than expected or build it at another plant....

It always works out don't worry.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do know that they announced that the entire Viper platform is being reviewed for sale, right? My guess is that CAAP figures into that somehow...

Yes, I am aware of that..... while I did not go to VOI X, I saw all of the posts that they (Dodge) were trimming the fat and that meant the Viper line was going to go. The conversation that I had with these guys just adds credence to the fact that if they are closing CAAP next year, the Viper as we know it will change forever. It seems that unless something happens quickly, then the Viper is going to stop being built for at least 5-10 of years while they a. find a company to sell to b. redevelop the Viper c. find a factory to build the Viper. So, if I were to hypothesize, I would guess that after next year you will not see a new Viper until mid 20-teens, perhaps even 2020.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I am aware of that..... while I did not go to VOI X, I saw all of the posts that they (Dodge) were trimming the fat and that meant the Viper line was going to go. The conversation that I had with these guys just adds credence to the fact that if they are closing CAAP next year, the Viper as we know it will change forever. It seems that unless something happens quickly, then the Viper is going to stop being built for at least 5-10 of years while they a. find a company to sell to b. redevelop the Viper c. find a factory to build the Viper. So, if I were to hypothesize, I would guess that after next year you will not see a new Viper until mid 20-teens, perhaps even 2020.

They'll find a buyer MUCH sooner than that. There would be no sense to scuttle the car for many years and then have someone else other than Chrysler resurrect it.

Viper will survive - it's profitable, it's desirable, and it comes with great people and technology / assets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang