Cabin Fever

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone else going nuts just looking at their cars?

Calgary get's enough Chinooks that I leave my car insured and drivable all winter long but it looks like we're in for a long haul this time.:(

I don't remember seeing this much snow at this time of year ever before?

I WANNA DRIVE!!!:drive:

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got cabin fever here in Alabama. Not cause I can't drive my car. There just ain't nothing to do here. Guess I'll go drive my car :)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sunny and 70 here today. Fixing to fire up the GTS to go pick up my rear diffuser from the coaters.

Then, I'll likely drive the Viper to a pub and wash down the trail dust.

Later tonight we might pull that V10 out of the garage again for a quick sprint down the dry warm freeway.

Saturday is supposed to be sunny and 80ish.

Texas is so painful.

:tx:

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last year I took the Viper out for a two hour drive on Christmas day this year we are running snow mobiles accross the hay field, going to be a long winter.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's about 50 here.

Took my 18 year old grandson out yesterday. He is here with his family from Las Vegas.

I think he was more impressed though with the Alpine system though.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dave6666, Familiar with the term schaundenfreuda?:rolleyes:

Got a bit of cabin fever myself, last time I drove the GTS was to fill it up when gas prices came back to normal a few weeks ago. All I have done to it since then is move it around in the garage.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
25 degrees here and plenty of sand and salt. I am done till mid April ugh.

Bruce

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK - I've decided to solve my problem. Yesterday I ordered some 6 point belts. I'll install them in a couple of weeks at the same time I install a seat lowering kit I've had for about 6 months on the bench.

I also booked myself into an 'Arrive and Drive' program. My car will be shipped to Infineon Raceway (Sears Point) for 2 track days then over to Thunder Hill for 2 more. I just fly in, drive my car at the track (and around wine country if I want) then head to the airport for home when it's over. My car will be picked up and returned right to my house.

So new belts, seat lowering kit and 4 track days - 'booked'. The bad news is that my trip isn't until late March. Hmm, there's a track event at Portland in late Feb.......

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna ship my car to the end of the driveway today in this 80 degree sunny weather. Yeah, better get the fun in today because we get a cold front tomorrow. MID FORTIES!!! Whoa!

:tx:

viperv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cabin Fever Hmmmmmmmmm. Ive been building another car, For my small collection. 1963 Ford Falcon the body is cherry.But someone alleady cut the ass up for prostreet and installed the mustang 2 front member. With a little time and lots of money. This will be one baddass toy. Ford tuff but chevy stuffed. Blower motor being built now for it, 671 blower twin 600,s holley,s, Silver and Viper Red will be the paint scheme

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with no rubber on the car it seems to help plus even if i did get them on i would get stuck in the snow in the driveway.But soon i hope.Soon as in like three months.But atleast i got a great new camera and i can practice some pictures on the car.Will post later."But it still doesn't help."lol

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm ordering some more tires on Monday. It looks like spending money on the car makes me feel better...... sad.

Greg

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol i need to get a couple rear tires befor the new season since i may have left some rubber at the track.Maybe i will look into that.

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I pulled the trigger on a complete set of Cups. Now I feel better.....

I think I'll call Davenport about a second set of wheels.....

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cabin Fever? What do ya mean, these things are great with four Blizzaks at the corners! Fast with the cold temps too....

No word a lie when my wife and i first started looking at a Viper I took her into a local Red Deer dealer.Course beeing the smart one of the two of us she asked about the winter storage and the dealer did tell her the car could be driven in the snow.Now not sure how many of you have driven your car on a rain day on brand new pavement but that alone is fun so i think the snow and ice would be out of the question.LOL

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane, you should think about giving JonB at parts rack the business, best price for sure.

taking two months off with no pay makes it hard to hand out cash so the best price i can find is something i am looking for.If anyone finds prices please PM me so i can relieve the cabin and school fever.lol

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane, you should think about giving JonB at parts rack the business, best price for sure.

By the time you pay shipping and duties is it worth it? I used to buy race tires for my stock car from the US and the landed price was about double the sale price. And now with a 25% addition to our dollar (at 80 cents)it just doesn't seem worth it.

I buy most of my tires from TunerWorks in Calgary. Davenport also gives really good prices.

Greg

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the time you pay shipping and duties is it worth it? I used to buy race tires for my stock car from the US and the landed price was about double the sale price. And now with a 25% addition to our dollar (at 80 cents)it just doesn't seem worth it.

I buy most of my tires from TunerWorks in Calgary. Davenport also gives really good prices.

Greg

Speaking from recent experience, in a word, yes. It's still better than trying to get them up here. I got a good deal, but I'm sure any other VCA member would get the same.
I had Jon send me a set of PSIIs last June, could not be had in Canada at any price until at least mid-July, and no guarantee at that. I needed them asap for the June VCA meet in Kelowna (see lastest VCA mag for pictorial).
Shipped, they cost about 700.00 less than what they wanted in Calgary. The dollar was better, yes, and it's actualy at .84 today, I think it was at .93 when I did it.
Don't take my word for it, though, call JonB. It's worth a call, isn't it??:confused:

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure I'll give Jon a check for the next set. $700 buys a fair bit of tire.....

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wheels are at Calchrome and their mounted price on new PS2s matched Partsrack so I'm having them shipped back with new rubber:2tu: Engine and tranny mounts done; only 4 months to go

Started mine today and that seemed to help the fever a bit.... NOT

Please remind me to point out the relentless Texas steambath and wind to Dave when the time comes

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHINOOK!!! WOOOHOOO!

I'm hoping it blows enough to clear the roads. Above freezing temperatures are forcast all week!.:drive:

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wheels are at Calchrome and their mounted price on new PS2s matched Partsrack so I'm having them shipped back with new rubber:2tu: Engine and tranny mounts done; only 4 months to go

Started mine today and that seemed to help the fever a bit.... NOT

Please remind me to point out the relentless Texas steambath and wind to Dave when the time comes

I'm usualy of the "I try not to think too much about it" belief, though I did go out and start it today. I wasn't overly confident of the amount of Sta-Bil I'd put in the tank when I last filled 'er up, so I added another oz. or so.
It was June last year before mine turned a wheel, I hope to get it out a few weeks earlier this year!!
Jim, get some pics of those wheels up as soon as you get them back.
Fireball, I checked the exchange from last year it was actualy at .95 at the time, I didn't want to mislead anyone on that.

Enjoy the Chinook!

Greg

V

Venomiss

Greg

Be sure to check here for tires too.;) Send him a PM.
[email protected]
Tire Option - Your one stop shop for tires, wheels and more..

Greg, I sent you a PM about your magazine thread.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do what I did, have JonB deliver the tires to a Tire store then show up the day before Portland International Raceway's Cascade Sports Car Club has it High Performance Driving course. Oregon has NO/ZERO sales tax and total cost for tires (from jonb) mounted was under $1600. HPD course was just under $200. Bonus was Jonb got to be my driving instructor.

Ted

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
roads where clean and clear.well as clean as the winter roads get but the car has the tires off so that hurts lol a couple months left.The last weekend in feb was when i had the car on the road last year for a weekend.lol dreams are good

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang