California Insurance costs

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members,
I am beginning the process of purchasing a Viper, so for all those in California (specifically Southern, I know you are out there :) ), what do you find to be average insurance rates?

I have Mercury and they quoted me about $2300 per year for coverave (23 years old, no accidents, no tickets)

Does this seem fair?

Zach

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. Call AAA. What type of Viper are you looking for, or are you set on the Viper Daytona edition?
-Jonathan

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will it be your only car, or second car? My insurance was lessened substantially because of my multi-car discount, also, I insure my home with them as well. Granted I'm not near CA, but Philly is known for its high auto rates as well.

I have allstate, by the way.

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm 24,

paying $1500 a year for full coverage ,100/300 liability, $500 deduct on viper, $250 on other cars. you can see the list of the cars in my sig (minus the S4, which is under my brother's policy). Clean record.

i'm using Wawanesa

http://www.wawanesageneral.com/

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out Nationwide Insurance - 888-634-7328. Although I was 34 when I bought my Viper, and it has always been a "2nd car" (300ZXTT is "daily driver"), I have never paid over $600 a year to insure the Viper, even when I had 2 tickets on my record. They may not have insured me if I had 2 tickets when I went to them for insurance. wWen I got the tickets, they raised my rate to about $600 a year, and now it's back down around $425 a year.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As So. Cal. goes, Wawanesa is the lowest insurance I've ever come across. Shockingly low compared to other insurance companies.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. Call AAA. What type of Viper are you looking for, or are you set on the Viper Daytona edition?
-Jonathan

Jonathan,
I was first stuck on it, but now I have taken a liking to the Steel Grey or Black 00-02 GTS's...so, if anyone has one for sale (preferably with aftermarket stuff), please sent me a PM.

I am actively in the market.

Zach

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I could pay less, but stayed with State Farm. We have multi lines etc., so the rate is OK. What about the sales pitch, "wait until you try to collect". Not sure how much is BS. Some companies are far better at claim settlements than others. I think also there is some sort of rating system for the companies or insurance coverage. Its been a long time since I went down that path. My $0.02

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pay $1,600 a year for 3 vehicles. A passenger car, a 4X4 truck and the Viper. 100K/300K, $500 ded. on all three. The 4X4 is actually the most expensive of the 3. Allstate.

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys, your ages would help,

since "commodity broker" is 23, so if your 50, its not really relevant

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah...great point. I have been sitting here like this :shocked: :crazy: all day reading the replies...

Being young has it's perks, and pitfalls!

Zach

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i say give wawanesa a try, i'm 24, so your rates should be close to mine

ting

Ah...great point. I have been sitting here like this :shocked: :crazy: all day reading the replies...

Being young has it's perks, and pitfalls!

Zach

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pay approx $1200/yr for a 96gts w/ state farm. This includes ALL discounts one can get. They also quoted me $1800/yr for the srt-10, said it was in a different category than the gts. Does this sound correct?
BTW-age 44