Call me ChrisGTS from now on!!!

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am extremely pleased to report that the 01 Z06 is GONE, replaced as of Saturday with my brand spankin' new red 02 GTS. Thanks to Buhler Dodge for a great deal and professional service. And thanks to all of the VCA folks who helped me make my decision, both in Atlanta and elsewhere.
wooohooo!
Here's a picture of me with the new ride: http://home.mindspring.com/~jdwillis/_uimages/Viper-CW.jpg

And one of me with Darren Buhler picking it up: http://home.mindspring.com/~jdwillis/_uimages/RedSnake.jpg

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! You don't appear to have gray (or blue) hair, so why the Z06 to begin with? Have you told elderly gentlemen on the Vette forums yet? Be sure to tell them how a REAL sports car pulls! Excellent choice, beautiful car!

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris WELCOME TO THE SNAKE SIDE i have the same ride however it's a 2000GTS, with a few bolt on's you will be whistling Dixie all the way home. Again welcome.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!!! Now if you could only talk to Red5
laugh.gif
and make him see the light.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElDiablo Viper:
Congrats!!! Now if you could only talk to Red5
laugh.gif
and make him see the light.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No we don't want Vipers to be known as parking lot racers.
smile.gif

Congrats ChrisGTS

OP
OP
C

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am very excited and love driving it.

Diablo -- I can't do anything about Red5, he will have to find his own way. After the pictures you posted on Off Topic, maybe he will be more convinced, but we'll see...

Marty -- you have mail. I'd love to get together for a cruise this weekend.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Right on, Chris ! gorgeous car. Congratulations.
Thanks, JIM.. "red is the one true Viper color". Amen !
Tell red5 about the grins that never end!
Still haven't been able to get any Z06s around here to
even give it a shot.

OP
OP
C

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably just K&N's -- I would like to stay in my stock SCCA class for autocross, and I think even smooth tubes would disqualify me.

I would really like for the Atlanta Viper group to have some sort of gathering or cruise up through the mountains. I met a number of people at a track day at Road Atlanta in June, but I'd like to do some more stuff. Are there many get-togethers here in Atlanta?

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris!

Nice to see that you are a man of your word! (Being an attorney and all). Earlier this summer at Road Atlanta while chasing down that 993TT Porsche you were tellin me how you were putting your Z on the block ASAP. You really did swap out of your Z-06 for a new Viper. The shots of the car look great and I can't wait to tangle with ya at the next track days! Enjoy your new ride Chris!

Surly 1

OP
OP
C

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Surly, you know you are in large part responsible for the final decision to ditch the Z06 and get the Viper. I wanted to see how the Viper behaved on the track, and you and the other guys there in June gave me a great demo. Chasing that 993tt down the back straight was so much fun!
I am going to be on vacation for the next track day (November), but next year I'll see you out there again.
Thanks again for the ride. I'd love to return the favor next time we are at the track.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Probably just K&N's -- I would like to stay in my stock SCCA class for autocross, and I think even smooth tubes would disqualify me."

Let the Mods begin!! Stay stock he says
laugh.gif
isn't that what everyone who bought their first Viper says!

Congrats!!

OP
OP
C

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, I was converted long ago -- just biding my time until I could take the plunge!
Your insights on Z06 vs. Viper were invaluable, since you had both.
Now when are you going to get rid of that Ford and get another creampuff?